Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • xtr brakes, swapping levers
  • MSP

How difficult is it to swap left to right and vice versa on xtr brakes without needing to rebleed them?

I can get them euro style for 10 less than UK spec, but it is not worth the 10 saving, if I end having to bleed them.

On the other hand, how well bled do shimano brakes come from factory anyway?

scotroutes

It’s a dawdle. I do it several times a day. Mount them, keep the bike upright, unscrew at the lever end (don’t squeeze the levers) and re-fit.

Shimano come properly sorted. On older models, I like to overfill mine to move the bite point out though.

timmys

Isn’t it fairly likely you’ll have to shorten hoses anyway so you’re going to be messing about either way?

coatesy
    Free Member

As said above, you’re very likely to need to shorten them,do it at the lever end, and purge the master cylinder of bubbles with the bleed bucket (£3.99) and some lever flicking. Worth doing even if you’ve not touched them, it’s surprising how much air comes out, and how much firmer the lever can become once you’ve done it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘xtr brakes, swapping levers’ is closed to new replies.