Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Xs bike tall person?!
  • kevs
    Free Member

My wife’s just bought a smart trainer and set it up on Zwift. I fancy having a go every now and then but don’t want to be swapping cassettes and carrying half bikes through the house upstairs etc.

I’m 6’2 and she’s 5’2 so her bikes obviously tiny, if I was to get a really long seatpost would her bike sort of work for me? I know it wouldn’t be ideal but maybe just enough

qwerty
    Free Member

An extra long seatpost would sort your leg discrepancy out but not your torso, Maybe a 150mm stem might help with this.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That’s going to be quite a lot of leverage going into a bike clamped in place.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be something to sprint on, but would a Brompton or similar work?

Another random sleepy idea is a long adjustable angle stem, that sets the bar up high for the short one and long for the tall one.

TooTall
    Free Member

Sounds very uncomfortable indeed. The short reach and mahoosive drop to the bars would see you squished up into a ball while you tried to turn your legs.

james-rennie

Wife holds normal bars, whereas you hold the distant ends of your new clip-on aero bars?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

2 trainers and you can train together. Or get a taller wife? Might be cheaper….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Xs bike tall person?!’ is closed to new replies.