Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Xmas food shopping – can you beat this?
  • jonnyrockymountain

£150 on alcohol and soft drinks
    £170 at supermarket
    £130 at farm shop
    And there is only 5 of us!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

About 9am today a chap passed me in a shopping arcade, talking loudly into a mobile and gesturing in the way some people do. He said something like ‘No, dear, I can’t get strawberries anywhere’.

luke
    Free Member

People buy food at Christmas? I just go to other peoples and eat for free, Mother in laws today and tomorrow for breakfast, my parents for lunch and tea then the wife’s auntie on boxing day.

konabunny
    Free Member

My wife saw someone spending over £300 just on alcohol yesterday.

I was thirsty.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I spent upwards of £100 on booze excluding wine. My dad does the wine, my sister does most of the food and various other bits get contributed by other family members. There will be 12 of us for lunch I think 🙂

Philby

Guy in front of me at the checkout in Sainsburys yesterday had a trolley completely full of booze – must have been a couple of hundred quids worth. He didn’t have a Nectar card and very kindly gave me the points 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

geezer at the checkout to me in the queue in tescos last year was on about £1100 quid on alcohol as i passed though, everything was £30-£50 range, doris on the checkout was having a mare with all the security tags

grantway
    Free Member

£ 287 For the Christmas starter, dinner, desert and cheese and biscuits including
    drinks and food for Boxing day evening for the four of us.

jamj1974

Pik n Mix – Member
    I had to sell my bike to fund Christmas this year, I’m properly jealous of you lot, I don’t even have any whiskey in as I spent my bike money on pressies for the family.
    Ah well, next year will be better.

Hoping you do have a better year next year. I would do exactly the same as you.

kayak23

All this is making me feel guilty about going round the bro in laws mums for dinner. Still, me and my mum are veggie so always take our own foodie top billing.
    Anyway, I did wrap up a bottle of red someone gave me a year ago…and made them a gift….
    🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Deliveries when I worked at the wine merchant could be thousands on a case or two of wine or spirits, only occasionally got a tip 😉
    Christmas has been quite frugal this year as we don’t need much, although I did hand over a lot of money for the van respray, windows etc a day or two ago which is kind of a present to all of us.

gordimhor

Pik n Mix – Member
    I had to sell my bike to fund Christmas this year, I’m properly jealous of you lot, I don’t even have any whiskey in as I spent my bike money on pressies for the family.
    Ah well, next year will be better.

Happy Christmas Pik n Mix

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Xmas food shopping – can you beat this?’ is closed to new replies.