Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Xmas food shopping – can you beat this?
  • cinnamon_girl

This morning I was queuing in a well known high street store with a food section for pre-ordered turkey etc.

A chap, natch and get him, put us wimminz to shame by reaching the dizzy heights of £279. 😯

Can STW do any better???

😉

wwaswas

My wife saw someone spending over £300 just on alcohol yesterday.

cinnamon_girl

£300? Blimey!

terrahawk
    Free Member

maybe he’s got a large family or something?
    or maybe we can all judge him on here.

slowjo
    Free Member

Burn Him!

To me the OP reads like….he paid £279 for a turkey. 🙂 That would oe hell of a budgie!

Keva
    Free Member

£300 on alcohol? just a couple of bottles of wine then…

scotroutes

A decent selection of malt whiskys would get there easily.

cinnamon_girl

No, it was definitely food. Probably 30’s, wasn’t wearing a sharp suit either. 😉

Bird looked mahooosive!

DT78
    Free Member

I was in harrods last week queuing with the wife to buy some baubles. The guy in front of us had 3 boxes of crackers…cost him £300…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why does his clothing have any bearing on how much he’s spending of food?
    😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bird looked mahooosive!

Fattist.

Drac

Bird looked mahooosive!

There’s no need for that. Oh the Turkey, sorry.

psling
    Free Member

You do have to remember that most shops will be closed for 24 hours so it is essential to stock up the cupboards.

jamj1974

£292… Did include food for pre-Christmas buffet, Christmas dinner for 10 and large ham for cooking on Boxing Day. No booze though…

iainc

Its soo fookin expensive though 🙁 2 boys (7 and 11) and 19 yr old daughter home from Uni. Tesco delivery yesterday was about £200 and 3 days before not a huge amount less. Need to go Lidl later and that’ll be another £50 or so. Wife was at M&S yesterday and probs another £50.

and yes, it is a first world thing, we don’t need all that food and booze, but, hey, it’s Christmas 😆

noet to beat a g’n’t and a roll and sausage for lunch though !

aracer
    Free Member

Somewhere else on the internet bloke is complaining at getting funny looks for the amount of food he was getting for his family gathering of 30 people.

cinnamon_girl

Why does his clothing have any bearing on how much he’s spending of food?

Pete it was a joke! Happy Xmas to you and K. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Ma boy is struggling to get a train out of London. 🙁 I’m also having to do his Xmas shopping, he’s in his late 20’s FFS.

I’m regularly changing towels due to the leak in the lounge. Electricals have been moved out of the way. In addition, water came in through the extension window this morning.

Now have an extra mouth to food as I’m looking after the dispossessed.

S’OK, I’m smiling. 😆

hughjardon
    Free Member

Chocolate digestives 69p in Aldi 😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

I had to sell my bike to fund Christmas this year, I’m properly jealous of you lot, I don’t even have any whiskey in as I spent my bike money on pressies for the family.

Ah well, next year will be better.

lucien

£344 order from Ocado arrived last night, no excuses, yes it is indulgent, yes people around the world are starving, no I dont agree with it, no it wasn’t me who ordered it, yes it was me who paid……flame away

aracer
    Free Member

Will flaming be passed on?

Drac

My Daughters milkshake blew out of her hand due to great storm. I’ll be opening a just giving page soon to raise funds for a new one.

tomhoward

I spent £250. On 4 bottles of booze… 😳

They were presents though, not just for the spongers guests to drink

Pembo
    Free Member

Paid a £1 for a litre of Famous Grouse today. Went down to the local pub to see the hunt off and won the raffle 🙂

Kryton57

My 4.9yo saw a WaterAid advert yesterday, prompting a conversation about why the little boy on the Telly had thin arms and sticking out ribs. 🙁

He went to our stuffed post Christmas shop cupboard, brought me a packet of crisps and asked if he could give them to him.

This morning I made a donation.

jekkyl

stollen cake in aldi for 1.99, you could live for 2 days off that.

zippykona

Beginning of the month I was stuck for hours behind a man buying a £1000 of first class stamps.
    (Give or take ,pedants)

PMK2060

Spent 200 quid on food yesterday. I always donate to charity this time of year our of guilt about the amount we have spent on food and presents that are surplus to requirement.

paladin

zippykona – Member
    Beginning of the month I was stuck for hours behind a man buying a £1000 of first class stamps.

That’ll be about 17 stamps then?

warton
    Free Member

we’re having 14 for christmas, i’m up to about 380 quid… feel a bit sick.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Kids presents sorted early in the year so just a shop visit today – £82
    Mind over £40 of that was a new blender as my pressie to me.
    I might be strange but I am enjoying not having to worry about cooking, family, inlaws, stress, arguments, etc this year.
    One of the plus sides of being single 🙂
    Now where’s that Jack Rat Scrumpy…..

wiggles
    Free Member

Just me the missus and two kids under 3 for Xmas lunch this year so not too bad, just bought half a trolley full of biscuits, pastries and sweets in lidl… £15 😀

lucien

aracer – Member
    lucien said » no it wasn’t me who ordered it, yes it was me who paid……flame away
    Will flaming be passed on?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes, but recipient appears to be flameproof (god knows I’ve tried)

Neil-F
    Free Member

I left my work this morning £400 lighter, and thats at staff prices. 😆 I work in a wholesale butcher, unfortunately all my family know this and I suddenly have loadsa mates roundabout this time of year……. 🙄

kinda666
    Free Member

I spent £202 on Friday at T***o and filled he freezer up, and another £50 at Asda at 6am this morning on fresh fruit and veg.. Still not got booze yet, but will get that in the morning from my local shop..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

stollen cake in aldi for 1.99, you could live for 2 days off that

We’ve already eaten 3 Aldi Stollen loaves in the last week.. 😳

takisawa2

At the Disney store at Disneyland Paris last summer I noticed a chap was piling loads in to his baskets.
    So I, of course, had to lurk at the checkout while he was paying…

1357 Euros. 😯

As a bonus, at the car-park ticket machine this morning, the said machine duly dispensed my ticket…& £3.30 clanked its way into the coin return tray. 🙂
    I was seen to punch the air.
    Small things…etc.

cheers_drive

Mrs CD has been buying food and alcohol for Xmas for the past month. Her parents are here for 6 days but we must of spent well over 500 with about half of that on alcohol. Her parents arrived with a car full of food too so we will at least be able to survive food wise for a year if a nuclear winter or something should happen 😕

DrJ

Asian bloke in front of me at the Jo Malone shop at Heathrow spent over a thousand quid on perfume. His missus must smell rank 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Xmas food shopping – can you beat this?’ is closed to new replies.