Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Xfusion McQueen axle replacement
  • kelron
    Free Member

I managed to round off my front axle, bike shop had to destroy it to get it out. Replacements don’t seem to exist, at least not anywhere that sells online, but as far as I can tell the measurements are the same as current Rockshox boost axles. Just hoping someone can confirm before I order one and find it doesn’t fit?

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t know if the McQueen is the same, but I found that with the Sweep, although the thread and length of the axle were the same, the Pike Maxle had a shorter thread on it so you’d either need to extend the thread or sit a spacer under the head of the Maxle.

The easiest option would be the Maxle Stealth which is basically just a swanky giant bolt 🙂

felixm
    Free Member

I have been using the Brand X Bolt thru axle for a couple of years now without issue.
    There are different lengths and thread sizes so make sure you get the right one.
    For the McQueen fork you need the 15mm, 110-158-11-M15-P1.5

Here’s the link to it:https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-bolt-thru-axle/rp-prod176624

But they appear to be out of stock on all the usual bike sites.
    Alternatively Rockshox do one. Just make sure the shaft is 158 mm long. The thread pitch: M15-P1.5

Rockshox product code: RSM8005019
    Might make it easier to search for.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have to say that that is an excellent detailed reply from Felixm. I don’t have a McQueen, but I recognise a quality response to a question, with detail and alternative options.

kelron
    Free Member

Thanks for the info both. If anyone else has this problem I got one from Burgtec rather than waiting for CRC stock: https://burgtec.co.uk/product/rockshox-boost-fork-axles/

It fits perfectly and has a hex fitting on both ends for next time I’m too heavy-handed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion McQueen axle replacement’ is closed to new replies.