Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Xfusion Hilo – not returning without a tug
  • DickBarton

So I have an original Xfusion Hilo, tends to work but over the last year, it has stopped returning to full height without the last 10mm or so needing a pull by hand.

Is it needing a service? Or clamp too tight? Anything else?

Thanks.

walleater

Potentially just needs moar air? Some times X Fusion hide the valve with a plastic disc at the bottom of the post for no obvious reason so that’d need removing (drill a hole in it and pry it off).

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/Checking_Air_Pressure_on_Hilo_Posts.pdf

But the post might need a service. They are in theory fairly easy to work on, but really fussy re. oil volume and if you don’t cycle air and oil to the correct places and follow the instructions exactly you can explode oil all over your walls!

DickBarton

Thanks…checked air and it seems to be correct.

Suspect it needs a service – I’m being lazy and was hoping it was something very quick.

cookeaa

You sure it’s not low on oil?

You can sort of top it up it by removing the valve core to top up the oil…

When I did mine I found some instructions for servicing online and a felle in Israel selling seal kits through ebay… IIRC it was about £20 plus some oil…

DickBarton

Braw, will do some digging. Certain no oil leaks visible, so if it is low oil then I don’t think it is throw a leak.
    Post sat unused for the first 4 or 5 years of its life in the back of a shop, been on my bike for about 3 years and doesn’t get used frequently, so it probably is very much in need of a service.

cookeaa

Wee bit more now from the states

Original service guide although there’s probably some better YouTube videos now…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion Hilo – not returning without a tug’ is closed to new replies.