Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Xbox One
  • Cougar

Speak for yourself.

samuri
    Free Member

Also, not backwards compatible and it has a camera that can watch you game in the nude. 😉

soundninjauk

Do we have any idea how loud it is? Having 4oD etc. on the 360 is great in theory, but the fan noise makes it less than ideal in practise.

danceswithcats

This is great news. I’ve been wanting an xbox 360 for ages, and they should be really cheap soon. I’ll find out whether Haloes 2,3 & 4 are as good as everyone said.

Cutting edge? Pssht!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

alas it wouldn’t do anything that my Raspberry Pi does at the moment.

Your Raspberry Pi has voice and motion controls and a blueray player?

Do we have any idea how loud it is?

They mentioned it would be “near silent” in the video. How true that will be is hard to know, but if they’re pitching it as a home entertainment system that does everything, they’ll have built in as much passive cooling as possible.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’d seen somewhere that it is £399.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

@soundninjauk I don’t notice any fan noise from our XBOX360 (slim)

AdamW
    Free Member

If it is £399 and the PS4 comes in at £299 (doesn’t have the extra Kinect toy) then I believe most people will consider what their telly/cable/sky/laptop/PC already gives them as adequate and go for the latter.

I’ve already spent enough on telly stuff and I don’t really want to talk to the telly – apparently people watching the cast yesterday through their X-Boxes had issues when the announcer was showing off Kinect 2 – every time they said something like ‘Xbox change channel’ their Kinect heard it and started doing stuff/freezing while waiting for input.

It would be funny for someone to make adverts after christmas which just had people shouting xbox commands!

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Summary of the reveal 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw[/video]

If you want something different than the nextgen consoles have a look at the Oculus Rift.

soundninjauk

I don’t notice any fan noise from our XBOX360 (slim)

Well that’s a good sign, thanks. Mine is one of the uber old-school pre-hdmi 360s…

jekkyl

1st person shooters have been and always will be much better on your PC. Direct buttons for weapons instead of scroll through them and instant turn around with your mouse will always be quicker than turn around with the controller. Where consoles come into their own is arcade style games and games for kids! Team Fortress 2 player here of some years and playing it on my ps3 was dire.

molgrips
    Free Member

FPS may be better on PC but the point is that the console is in the living room. When I play games it’s semi social, my wife will watch me and comment, sometimes join in; and when she plays I do the same. Often I’m on the computer looking up stuff to help her with her games. If I slunk off to the study she’d be on her own in the living room and it’d become a problem.

That’s an important part of the console experience I think.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

hmm not sure on either PS or XBOX at mo as ultra hd may be with us in a year or so and i would want a console to last 3-5 years based on how much i have used my PS.

atlaz
    Free Member

Do we have any idea how loud it is? Having 4oD etc. on the 360 is great in theory, but the fan noise makes it less than ideal in practise.

My 2nd XBox 360 was a lot quieter than the first generation one I had so I’d imagine it’ll be “better” than the one you have. I’ve mostly stopped watching streaming TV through the XBox since I got a SmartTV though so it’s largely irrelevant for me now as the XBox has gone back to being a gaming device.

chojin
    Free Member

vertical climber – Member
    hmm not sure on either PS or XBOX at mo as ultra hd may be with us in a year or so and i would want a console to last 3-5 years based on how much i have used my PS.

Are you referring to 4k?

If so, I believe they’ll both output in 4k.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

i saw that the ps4 may do but not sure either confirmed yet. what was confirmed was that games would not be

soundninjauk

I’ve mostly stopped watching streaming TV through the XBox since I got a SmartTV though so it’s largely irrelevant for me now as the XBox has gone back to being a gaming device.

My smart TV is missing 4oD unfortunately, so it’s the 360 for that. The loud 360, with fans everywhere. First world problems…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

If it can play Eurosport and Ssn news I will get one as I can bin the TiVo box then. If not ill have the ps4 as I want a games console not something that talks to my tv but can’t play the above programs.

br
    Free Member

Anyone looked into what they are saying about needing to pay again for pre-owned games and/or borrowing games from a friend?

Not me, but my son has an Xbox.

Cougar

MS themselves have been contradictory so far. Best advice I could give you there is to wait for further announcements and take speculation with a pinch of salt.

My understanding is that MS are providing games manufacturers the ability to lock down their titles, but whether they do or not is entirely at the studios’ discretion. Which means that EA will be all over it, everyone else will probably ignore it.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Basically there’s a shitstorm of negativity around the gaming websites etc. about the Xbox One in relation to the PS4.

Mainly this seems to stem from 2 3 things:

1 – The Xbox One is on paper technically less powerful than the PS4. Both have the same processor iirc, with a slightly weaker graphics chip in the Xbox. PS4 has 8Gb of GDDR5 RAM, Xbox has 8Gb DDR3. Whether or not this technical difference will translate into a real world observable difference in the presentation of cross-platform games remains to be seen.

2 – The perception that MS has abandoned the core gamer’s desires to chase its dream of integration with TV and becoming the home media hub first and a games machine second.

edit: 3 – The whole fiasco around their refusal so far to clarify exactly what their pre-owned games policy will be and how it will work.

Lifer
    Free Member

4 – I’ve not seen a game in the current ‘next gen’ that has really blown me away.

Far Cry 3 and Red Dead Redemption best of the lot IMO, though looking forward to GTA5 and Watch Dogs later this year.

Is there really need for new consoles? It’s just going to continue the shiny shiny no content method for making blockbuster games.

Will it be backward compatible with current Xbox 360 games?

soundninjauk

Will it be backward compatible with current Xbox 360 games?

Nope.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Xbox One’ is closed to new replies.