Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Xbox One
  • Flaperon

Want one.

Should I pre-order from Game and take the chance of them still being around in six months time, or hand my money to the tax-dodging pure evil that is Amazon?

Cougar

Got home just in time to watch the live preview, then got a call from work to go back in and attend to an outage. Bah. Just caught the last couple of minutes. Will catch up after tea.

How was it?

Duffer
    Free Member

Where can i watch the vid? I can’t seem to operate the XBOX website…

Flaperon

Impressive. Enough for me to know that I neeeed one. Suppose this really is the ultimate in first world problems.

Flaperon

Oh yeah… all here:

http://xboxnews.game.co.uk/

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Watched the launch, thought it was technically quite impressive.

seanoevil
    Free Member

Made school boy error of watching the launch with my 10 year old son. So that is 2 of these new consoles we need to order!

jekkyl

AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory.
    8GB of RAM, although it’ll be DDR3 instead of the PlayStation 4’s GDDR5.
    Kinect will be bundled with the console and contain 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor as well as a regular 720p web cam.
    a 500GB hard drive of unknown speed plus a Blu-ray / DVD combo drive that will be used as little as possible. We’re told disc-based games will be ripped to the HDD automatically.

500gbs seems a little small if you’re gonna be ripping games to it and storing movies/music/tv progs.

soundninjauk

Did we get a price?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Sony stock gone up over the past few days. Definitely not to do with the Xbox annoucement 🙂 PS4 will be better 😆

vikingboy
    Free Member

no price.

seavers
    Free Member

Always on internet? Second hand games playable?

vikingboy
    Free Member

PS4 better but some key differences not mentioned in this announcement could affect broad consumer opinion. Be an interesting E3 this year for sure.

Drac

Betamax is back.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

this will kill the ps4 unless, sony does the usual trick and supports an emerging format
    blu-ray on both is a level playing field

jekkyl

you can control it with your voice!

*mildy scottish accent* ‘Hello computer…..computer?’

legend
    Free Member

vikingboy – Member
    PS4 better but some key differences not mentioned in this announcement could affect broad consumer opinion.

for those of us not following things closely enough, care to share the differences (other than GT versus Forza?)?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I like the sound of both and the specs are very similar. I”ll go with whichever is cheaper I think. Although I do prefer Forza and Gears of War and also Fable.

johndoh
    Free Member

Isn’t it all a bit boring and incremental now?

I want a new machine to utterly blow away what went before, not just add a gazillion this and quadruple that.

Drac

I want a new machine to utterly blow away what went before

What is it you’re after?

Cougar

Always on internet? Second hand games playable?

Entirely at the whim of the developer, is my understanding. Much like now, really.

jekkyl

He wants to be blown….. by a machine!
    Have you tried the vacuum?

Cougar

… allegedly.

I’ve read a lot about this, and the bottom line is that it’s all speculation at this point.

Drac

Yeah not sure how true it is and seems silly as EA announced they’re stopping doing just that.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was thinking earlier.. it really doesn’t matter which one you get. As now, the only differentiators are the exclusive games and the online offering. Hardware isn’t really that important.

johndoh
    Free Member

What is it you’re after?
    POSTED 54 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Fully immersive gaming, mind-controlled intuitive interface, full body contact sensors to get movement/hit experiences. That’ll do for a start. 🙂

Drac

Have you been watching Avatar?

johndoh
    Free Member

Actually no.

johndoh
    Free Member

And I want the controller to know when I am shooting, when I am throwing a grenade, when I am ducking for cover without be having to remember if it is L1 + square or whatever.

Drac

Ah so you want a console that make you play better.

samuri
    Free Member

I must have missed something. All I could see was a load of Americans talking shit. Where are the game demos?

Drac

Near the end Samuri after the whooping and wailing.

samuri
    Free Member

Sod that. If they want me to buy their games console they’re going to have to show me some spectacularly excellent games footage.

If I’m a gaming geek, why on earth would I be interested in seeing people talk? Christ, Microsoft really have lost their way.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks. That’s better but I’m still missing the LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE REAL LIFE I was promised.

Cougar

Console looks good.

Presentation was pish. a) you could cross out “Xbox” and write “Windows 8” in terms of tone and approach, and b) for all their talk it’s very US-centric. How much do you bet that their “interactive TV” and the NFL multimedia stuff won’t be available outside the US?

scaled
    Free Member

I@m tempted by one of these but alas it wouldn’t do anything that my Raspberry Pi does at the moment.

Xboxes always just end up as an oversized media server at some point.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Xbox One’ is closed to new replies.