Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • WTB Vigilante & Trailboss 2.6 – anyone using them?
  • Bigmantrials

I have a new frame coming which is going to give much more space for tyres (My Smuggler was a little limited) so I fancy trying out something big.

Is anyone running the 2.6 versions of the Vigilante and Trailboss? I would likely run the light high grip front and tough fast rolling rear.

I already run a ~1.2kg rear tyre so an extra ~80g for the trailboss isn’t such a jump, but there will be a ~300g increase in front tyre, how noticable was it when making the change? And how are you getting on with them in general?

Bigmantrials

Anyone from the evening crew?

kelvin

Yes. They are monsters. Have taken them off for the summer. Will be back in use in the depths of winter, no doubt.

trailtom
    Free Member

Got them on my Bird Zero AM.

The only issue I’ve had is the Trail Boss on the rear likes to get stones/trail clutter stuck in the outer knobs due to the larger size (Wasn’t an issue when running 2.4s) This could be due to where I ride. Normally they come out by themselves, but a few times I’ve puled over to remove it from the knobs.

Now running a rear Proguard to protect the back of my head/back from trail clutter flying up, I also had to tap up my chain stay where it joins my seat tube as large stone flying down on it didn’t do the paint job any good.

Weird reply but being honest.

Tires are ace otherwise. will upload a photo in the morning.

Cheers..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘WTB Vigilante & Trailboss 2.6 – anyone using them?’ is closed to new replies.