Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • WTB Pure – similar saddles?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Has the old old version of the pure and it was great. Eventually needed replacing and got the last years version. Didn’t take long for the cover to start wrinkling and causing issues.

Warranty replacement was sent and it did the same but not as bad so stuck with it but it’s now got worse.

Ordered the new version with ‘improved cover’ and I swear the quality is getting worse. The nose cover was loose, some of the staples had started to come out that hold the cover down and the worst part was the rails had got shorter.

So now on the look out for a fairly wide, fairly flat saddle with decent padding.

Tried the Ergon SM Pro but it just seemed to kill my sit bones despite all the positive reviews.

Any suggestions? Henge looks quite flat. New Bel Air 3.0 looks ok but not as wide.

binners

I was always a fan of the WTB Pure. Nowadays my default if a Charge Spoon or a Maddison Flux (which seems to be out of stock everywhere). They’re both basically the same saddle. The Madison seems to be a bit better made, but having said that I’ve never had any quality issues with the Charge

weeksy

I way prefer the Pure over the Spoons/Flux. I was always a fan of the Spoons but then i bought a bike with a Pure and i’ve now got 3 of them for all my seatposts.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Tried the Spoon before the Pure and did prefer the pure. Think it’s a bit flatter. Maybe I just need to keep searching for an older pure out there!

I defiantly need something around the 150mm mark in width. My sit bones are pretty wide when I had them measured in LBS.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Seems a big lack of Pures for sale anywhere!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WTB Pure – similar saddles?’ is closed to new replies.