Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wrexham, dangerous drivers,
  • project
    Free Member

Beware on any roundabout there, had a few near misses today and one last week, seems as a car driven by a male enters roundabout opposite side to me and indicates left, then accelerates sharply and swings round roundabout, trying to take out the car entering from the other side.

Asda roundabout, wilkinsons roundabout and ruthin road roundabout,and the one by the old hospital,now some sort of college.

All the cars where older models, and the roundabouts where small about 20 foot diameter at most, very strange.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Could be an attempt to deliberately cause an accident to make some money from insurance. I've heard of this happening elsewhere.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Deliberately staged accidents on roundabouts are widely used by organised criminal gangs in insurance fraud. Report it to the police.

mrmo
    Free Member

thought there were enough stupid drivers on the chirk bypass without worrying about wrexham as well.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Still, it's better than living in Scotland.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Wrexham?

****ing destroys them!

project
    Free Member

mrmo – Member
    thought there were enough stupid drivers on the chirk bypass without worrying about wrexham as well.

Two people died there this week, 2 lgv`s and a car, one carrying live cows,tipped over and 7 cows where thrown over the barrier and into the river 100 feet below, and died, its about time action was taken on this dangerous road.

As for reporting the events to the police, i dont have any reg numbers,to pass on but seems strange to happen so frequently.

tankslapper
    Free Member

In fairness the Chirk bypass often resembles a scene out of this..

Nobody seems to understand what the funny white chevrons on the road are for, double white simply seem to be an invite and left and right turn intersection/islands a good place to over take on the way to McDonalds!

Houns

That's genuinely upset me project 🙁 Poor cows 😥

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I've worked in Wrexham for 25 years and just moved down here in the last 12 months, so am now riding here as well as driving. The standard of driving in this town never ceases to amaze me and roundabouts in particular.Cyclists are seriously taking their life in their hands riding on the roads here. It's just a good job that so many cycle paths are available.

project
    Free Member

I was upset about the cows as well.

mrmo
    Free Member

i drove past last week, hadn't heard about the crash initially and the hole in the barriers, made me think. It is a long way to the ground. The number of cars you see overtaking in a very dodgy manner is beyond belief along the whole road not just that section.

Mind you i almost hit the island on the level crossing towards oswestry, trying to overtake a HGV first time i used the road. Either narrow it so it is a single carriage way each way or widen so it is a true dual carriage way. Currently it is some where in between and leaves drivers too much freedom.

project
    Free Member

Due to the construction of the bridges and parts of the road being in England and parts being in Wales,nobody has control, and to now widen the 2 or 3 bridges would cost a lot of money, and result in a long term roadworks, they should either install speed cameras,(mobile one sometimes on the bridge over the dualed bit going up hill,towards Wrexham),and some seriously dodgy junctions, two level crossing for disused railways, and a load of muppets,stuck behind LGV,s doing 40 mph, doesnt help.

There is also a lot of encroachment onto the sides of the road stopping the road being widened,without buying out the relevant owners,again very costly.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I've overtaken someone with a clear road ahead only for someone to overtake me AT THE SAME TIME….3 up!!…wtf!!!
    Awwww for the moocows.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wrexham, dangerous drivers,’ is closed to new replies.