Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Would you ride a £220 full-suspension bike?
  • kelvin

Ride it where?

wors

Send one over and i’ll test it for you 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sounds like a great idea for a magazine article. One day at a trail center, one on an uplift.  £220 Hyper v Bossnut v Something more STW (£5k should do it).  Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad….

singletrackandi

@Rubber_Buccaneer I had a Google about and there are a few YouTube videos showing this and similar bikes after a few upgrades. Actually, look ok for trail center duties.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Looks good value for money.. although if you had to buy full suspension for £200ish, you can get some amazing deals on old 26″ 2000ish-2013ish models on ebay.. £2-3k bikes in not bad nick going for that just cos they’re a few years old..

samcheese
    Free Member
    nickc

For £200 I think it looks OK really.

funkmasterp

Yes I would. Agree that an article putting bikes against each other would be great. I’d extend it out to hardtails and rigid bikes too.

mashr

I wonder what they’ve used in the pivots? I’m assuming it’s a bushing setup, which could end up being the bit that wears out first (or easily taking for of for little ££, who knows)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Andi, surely the question isn’t ‘would we ride it?’, it is ‘would the mag test it?’

BadlyWiredDog

Why waste all that metal on a monstrosity like that when you could make beer cans from it? You can’t even justify it on the basis that it might get someone into bikes, it’d be more likely to put them off.

A tragic waste of natural resources.

simondbarnes

Why waste money on that when you could spend £250 to make your really expensive suspension fork work properly?

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, it looks fine, certainly looks more than £120 better than a £100 URT BSO.

BadlyWiredDog

Why waste money on that when you could spend £250 to make your really expensive suspension fork work properly?

So you could fit a dropper post that costs more than the bike itself, obviously.

singletrackandi

@eddiebaby not sure it would be test in the mag, but I don’t see why not on the site 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

@singletrackandi I enjoyed this video from a couple of years ago. But I think you can do better…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Plus the Hyper looks a decent step up from the Carnage

chakaping
    Free Member

A tragic waste of natural resources.

Nuff said.

RustySpanner

Pfffft.

You could buy a couple of pairs of grips for that. 🙂

safi

Would ride it, may not buy it though.

mattyfez

Hmm my fork cost more than that bike and my bikes a pub bike by STW standards.

DezB
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy it cos I don’t need to, but I’m sure it’d be perfectly fine for someone not quite so into mountain bikes who hasn’t got a grand or 2 to spend on it as a hobby.
    Plenty of hobbies have a cheaper, perfectly functional option for those not quite as obsessive.

mattyfez

To be fair it doesn’t look too bad for £200. But What does it weigh though?
    I reckon 20kg.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Would you ride a £220 full-suspension bike?’ is closed to new replies.