Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Would you choose this shock for a Spec Enduro?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

If you had a [ or in Tracy’s case given that you have many😃] Specialized Enduro Élite 2017 and wanted to get a good rear shock for it to replace the existing one, would the following be a good option?

Ohlins STX. Single Tube design, Rx All-Mountain Tune. 3rd Chamber air spring technology, AUTOSAG. adjustable compression and rebound damping.

Many thanks

Tracey

Whats it replacing and do you need to buy it or is it warranty

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Replacing a MonarchDebonair I think . Yep warranty 😃

I seem to recall you saying you run Ohlins, but can’t remember which one… You’ve probably got a few😄

Tracey

We have, have had both. Not had a problem with either. We have a spare of both just in case at races but haven’t had to use them. Out of the two I think that the Ohlins feels the better shock but to be fair there’s not a lot in it.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Righto. Many thanks. Interesting that the monarchs have also been OK.

Cheers

Tracey

I know a couple of others that are running the Monarchs on 29er Enduros and they have both given the bikes and shocks quite a lot of hammer and not had problems with them.

oikeith

I had a monarch on my 2017 29er and didnt get along with it, got the Ohlins STX air it was better for me, I got mine 2nd hand and got it serviced and a volume spacer put in it and it was great.

I did eventually move to the Ohlins TTX coil and havent gone back to air since.

chakaping
    Free Member

I tried the STX on my E29 for a bit, it was very grippy but a bit dull feeling.

Actually preferred the Monarch Plus with bikeyoke adaptor (so I could run a normal 200×57 shock).

lardman
    Free Member

I’m using a CCDB coil on mine!
    It’s great, allowing 4 different speed/damping adjustments.

I have an Ohlins coil on my stumpy, which although good, doesn’t quite feel as good as the CCDB.

hopefiendboy

I’m mailed you separately but I had 2 monarchs fail on my enduro elite. Specialized replaced it with a coil Ohlins ttx which I am super happy with tbh. The ccdb coil was not recommended due to the smaller shaft diameter. Depends what sort of riding etc you do. The coil is superb tho.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Would you choose this shock for a Spec Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.