Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would I end up spending a lot of money…
  • AdamW
    Free Member

if I were to road-test a Cotic Soul (with semi-decent components, natch)? I have a 2004 Rockhopper and I have a grand in inheritance burning a hole in my pocket…. I've not really tried other bikes apart from my rockhopper (the other half is adamant that I already have a mountain bike so don't need another one…)

For fun XC as opposed to bouncing down cliffs!

marsdenman
    Free Member

(the other half is adamant that I already have a mountain bike so don't need another one…)

kind of makes your question a rhetorical one 😀

not an expert in these things i'd suggest you may find you spend money if you test ride!!!

Compromise – look to upgrade elements of your current bike – or, assuming a good compatibility with your exiting components, change the frame for the Cotic and upgrade components as and when necessary…

Just my 2p worth..

khani
    Free Member

i love mine, you could swap over your rockhopper bits but you would probably need new 120-130mm forks allthough a lot of peaple run 100mm forks ok, then you could sneakely upgrade over time when your mrs isnt looking like most do, sooo yes! 😆 you will spend a bucketload, have fun :mrgreen:

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got 80-125mm forks on my Soul and reckon I'd be happy enough running 100mm all the time.

The only other person who's had a shot on my Soul did then buy one, so be careful…

Lionheart
    Free Member

Definitely, the Soul was one of the best bikes I have owned, just between them at the mo- and then the whole slippery slope of needing different bikes for different things!?

z1ppy

the other half is adamant that I already have a mountain bike so don't need another one…

just like she has one pair of shoes or one hand-bag?
    MTFU dude!

6 bikes here.. 3 in a ridable state, one in pieces & two old ones that need disposing of, let alone the g/f's and the 2 I'm storing for m8's….(admittedly none are new or worth anything substanial… before any toerags get any idea's)

flip
    Free Member

Second z1ppy, get a grip, she probably has 25 pairs of shoes, and 95 lipsticks.

Have as many bikes as you want, tell her flip says you could.

nickc

To replace, or to add?

TBH, It's your money, isn't it, and this is what makes you happy? Ergo that will make your partner happy too. There's probably some value to the rockhopper that you could use to offset the cost a bit, but a grands worth of Cotic Soul would be a lush bike.

epicsteve
    Free Member

My Soul cost about £1k to put together, using a 2nd hand frame and parts. Very nice it is too – Talas RLC forks, Thompson post, Easton bars and stem, Hope brakes, Ti railed saddle, XT and XTR drivetrain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would I end up spending a lot of money…’ is closed to new replies.