Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Worx Hydroshot: Brush vs Brushless
  • tails
    Free Member

Is the brushless version that much better as it’s a bit heavy to lug around. It’ll be used to clean my bike and roughly cleaning my car. Are these significantly more powerful than the cigarette lighter powered washers you can get on eBay for £20. I like the general look of the worx system.

Cheers

footflaps

You normally get better run time but less torque out of brushless vs brush based motors.

johnnystorm

I find the normal one fine for doing my van and more than adequate for cleaning the bike. I’m not sure more power is prudent for bike washing duties if that’s the main use. If perhaps you have patio blasting on your to-do list you’ll need something with more oomph.

tails
    Free Member

Cheers, maybe I’ll stick with the normal one. They do seem identical other than brush vs brushless

jamesfts
    Free Member

I’ve the normal one and it’s perfect for bikes/van etc, didn’t even know they did brushless tbf.

Very rarely bother to plug/plumb in the Karcher these days (2/3 times a year). Only worth the fuss if it’s going to be a longer job than 2 batteries will which isn’t much.

binman

I have had the brushless one for a year now, it’s fantastic, have got 6 bikes very muddy MTB cleaned, out of one battery (bout 40l shifted). That was over 2 outings, a mid-week ride and today.  Really pleased with it, would recommend to anyone.

ta11pau1

The brushless version is a good bit more powerful than the STD one, well worth it imo.

It’s probably not far off a ‘proper’ pressure washer.

You also get a bigger battery, and a fast charger. I happily wash my car with it as well as bikes.

They do seem identical other than brush vs brushless

Apart from the nearly double flow rate and 2bar more pressure…

bruneep

I find the short lance option better for putting in boot of car and washing bike

b33k34

Apart from the nearly double flow rate and 2bar more pressure…

So not much more pressure, but a lot more water used. Would be interesting to try both as not convinced that’s a benefit when you’re bring a water container.

I find the short lance option better for putting in boot of car and washing bike

Likewise.

dc1988

I’ve never used my long lance even when washing my car and also wouldn’t want a faster flow rate

ta11pau1

For me the brushless version with the extra flow takes it from being a bit lacklustre, to being an efficient washing machine, the extra water means you spend less time washing as you’re not having to go over the bike/car multiple times.

I remove the lance from the body when storing it.

bikesandboots

For bike washing duties, I use the WG629E on low mode with the short lance. Plenty for the non-sticky mud I ride in, I’d only wish to use high mode on tyres/wheels. Short lance is plenty long enough, take it off to store in a smallish box.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Worx Hydroshot: Brush vs Brushless’ is closed to new replies.