Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Worth fitting a Surly Straggler fork to a Cross Check??
  • kimura54321

My road bike is a 7 ish year old Surly Cross Check that I built up including the wheels. Pretty nippy actually when the guards and saddle bag come off. Unfortunately missed the road disc brake thing which might have been a mistake in hindsight…

Never been happy with the brakes though, even after upgrading to trp mini-v.

So question is, would getting a Straggler fork, 160mm disc brake give better control in the wet and stopping power?

Can’t justify a new bike but might be able to stretch for a new fork, brake and wheel.

slowol

Replies from this post last week may answer your question.

Help me upgrade my Surly Crosscheck

kimura54321

@slowol – Thanks, that is almost exactly what I was asking! Will have a gander at the other thread 👍

slowol

No probs I have a sad memory for trivia irrelevant to me but still can’t find my keys.

Nice bike BTW.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Yes, it is worth doing. Have run my cross check with a straggler forks for years. BB7 road on the front, Avid canti on the back.Mudguards fit fine as does a Surly Nice Rack front rack. Tubus duo don’t fit easily, hence the Nice Rack.,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Worth fitting a Surly Straggler fork to a Cross Check??’ is closed to new replies.