Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Worst thing you've forgotten when commuting?
  • stumpy01

pondo – Member
    Whilst driving most of the way then cycling the last twelve miles, I have suffered the vexation of arriving at my parking spot and realising the bike’s front wheel is still in the garage, thirty miles behind me.

On the bright side, at least I ended up at work over an hour early.

+1, but with both wheels. Used to drive most the way of my 60 mile each way commute and then cycle in the last 12. Oh, how funny it was to open the boot and find no wheels….

rewski
    Free Member

My bike, got all kitted up to find the garage empty, I’d left my bike at work.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Flew to Warsaw some years ago on a Sunday night to do a presentation to the Polish agriculture minister on the Monday morning.

Lufthansa had kindly sent my bags to Frankfurt, so I did the presentation in jeans, para boots and a t-shirt with some of the in-flight food and drink on it 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    it was saturday.

+1

njee20
    Free Member

Cuff-links. Followed by board meeting. Spent a good 30 mins trying to fashion paperclips into a usable alternative. Couldn’t make it work so rolled sleeves up, looked rather odd in November.

Ah yes, I’ve done that before! Just doesn’t work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

all my work clothes

I had my emergency £10 so went to the charity shop and dressed like a PIMP for the day…..I got told off

edlong
    Free Member

Cuff-links. Followed by board meeting. Spent a good 30 mins trying to fashion paperclips into a usable alternative. Couldn’t make it work so rolled sleeves up, looked rather odd in November.

Schoolboy error: Every fule kno that the correct choice of stationery in this situation is treasury tags.

lapierrelady

Skirt..rocking the tights and mtb shorts on the bike, not so good in the workplace

niksnr
    Free Member

To wake up on my return. None of the staff woke me up and it was the last sailing of the day – live on Isle of Wight. Didn’t eve realise til I walked off the Catamaran and realised I was back in Pompey!! Had to wait until 5am to get Car Ferry. I’m sure it was a bit of amusement for the stewards on board!!

wookie
    Free Member

Forgot my missus bike this morning…

Thankfully she remember before we set off (after slapping me for not getting it out of the garage)!

brakes
    Free Member

towel – getting dried with paper towels isn’t a pleasant experience.
    especially around your nethers.

Stu_N

Work pass. Rocked up to car park roller door, leant pocket against card reader, nothing happens. Sinking feeling. Waited for someone I knew for a few mins who could at least let me into car park, no one showed up.

So rode round to front of building – bum – remembered lock lives in car park. Wheeled bike into reception, got funny look, extracted a temp badge from receptionist, back round to car park, in through side door and lock bike up. Then realise temp badge doesn’t open car park door into building so walked back in via normal staff entrance and back down to locker room.

Great. Took 20 mins to do what normally takes two. Worse than forgetting rousers iME – have a suit that lives in coat cupboard by desk so it’s just a dash through building in baggies really.

DezB
    Free Member

To charge my iPod 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

Anyone else have ’emergency’ trousers?

yes. & 6 pairs of socks seemingly!

I’ve forgotten everything before. emergency trousers and a base layer didn’t look too bad. emergency trousers were two sizes too big and I had to fashion a belt out of electrical wire. I looked like wurzel gummidge!

brakes
    Free Member

extracted a temp badge from receptionist

see we can’t even do this at my place, we have to go and see security to ask them to reprint a pass, but the office is only open at certain hours.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Shoes/socks/pants were routinely forgotten. I once got 3/4 of the way to work before I realised that nagging ‘something’s wrong’ feeling was because I’d not put my helmet on. 🙄

VanHalen

pump.

was especially depressing as i’d stripped the tyre off the rim and had the innertube out only to realise i’d lent it to the wife at the weekend.

that was a long walk.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I used to get to work 45 mins before anyone else and open up, shower and so on. One morning I managed to pick up the wrong bag. Thus forgetting my keys, my clothes, my phone and my puncture repair kit. When I got to work – in what was by this point a blizzard I realised that I had a puncture – then had to wait 45 minutes in the snow in my lycra for someone else to turn up and let me in. I thought I was going to die.

tenfoot

I used to drive 13 miles and ride the last 11 miles in. Got to my parking point one morning and realised I’d left my SPD shoes at home. Rode into work in my trainers on spd pedals and prayed it didn’t rain.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I did something similar – nipped to the shops on the bike so just put on some flipflops, stuck a few coins in the pocket for the milk or whatever it was and pedalled on the SPDs anyway. Then got home and was locked out, while the wife was at work. No alternative other than to ride the 10 miles to my wife’s work to get her keys, followed by 10 miles back again. Definitely not recommended.

Legoman
    Free Member

Once got to work and realised I had brought mis-matched shoes.
    They were both brown though so I thought, what the hell, no-one will notice.
    However after 10 minutes I discovered it’s impossible to wear two left shoes and walk about like a normal person!

Only person I could find in the office with a company car was the Sales Director, so had to fess up to him and borrow his car to return home! Remember him looking at me like I was a bit simple.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Maybe not related, but doing shift work back in the 1990 s, I was so tired at 5.30 am I actually fell asleep for a moment or two and crashed into the kerb….

vickypea
    Free Member

Forgot my shoes once and had to clip-clop around in my white shimano road shoes with black trousers.
    Also forgot my bra once, which made for an interesting day, and twice forgot my towel and had to dry myself on paper towels but the electric dispenser would only dispense 4 inches at a time, with a 10-second gap between dispenses!

jonnyrobertson

Too many things too many times. My commute is 20 miles each way (I rarely ride, depends on shifts) so if I get it wrong it’s a bit of a pain. Turned up for work only to realise I’d forgotten to put my work boots in my locker the day before, forgot to pack puncture repair kit and punctured and the last one was arriving home to find I had no keys on me. I’d left them in the door of my locker…

Sandwich

Cuff-links. Followed by board meeting. Spent a good 30 mins trying to fashion paperclips into a usable alternative.

Treasury tags FTW.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Last week I forgot my boxers, Not nice working in a dirty Titanium/Steel extrusion with no boxers on under your sandpaper overalls.

New canteen and changing rooms soon and hoping they’ll be putting some showers in seems as they’ve recently set up the cycle to work scheme so should be much more potential for forgetfulness.

Bregante

House keys on the ride home. At a weekend while the wife and kids were away.

22 mile round trip just to get into my own house 👿

toppers3933
    Free Member

My sister travelled all the way to London and was halfway through a business meeting with Gok Wan before she noticed she had odd shoes on. Apparently they weren’t even similar. 🙄

Clover

To look in the mirror.

Apparently nice ladies don’t expect the proprietor of a posh clothes shop to be wearing mud freckles.

Also have pretended (mainly to myself) that Lake winter boots are the latest in thing.

downshep

Have forgotten to take trousers going to work and bring house keys with me on the way home to collect them.

Once forgot to reconnect the front canti bridge wire after a puncture. Not funny in city traffic.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Worst thing you've forgotten when commuting?’ is closed to new replies.