Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • World Gin Day today….
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Just realised that its World Gin Day today, so lets put aside the politics for a while.

The people of the United Kingdom have agreed to do this. This decision was no rejection of the values we share as beer drinkers. Nor was it an attempt to do harm to beer or any other forms of alcohol. On the contrary, WGD is about wanting all forms of alcohol to succeed and prosper.

So really, despite this unexpected development, we should really knuckle down and do our bit.

The WGD people have given us a clear mandate for a full, hard gin-drinking approach today. There are those who would say that perhaps a lesser approach- maybe a couple of ciders?- are what’s required, and that this will be Bloody Difficult. But there should be unity, and not division.

I want WGD to be what it has the potential, talent, and ambition to be- a great, gin-guzzling day that is respected around the world, and strong, confident, and pissed by 5pm at home.

Our whole philosophy should be about drinking gin, not talking.

June 15th is National Beer Day, but I think there can only be one big day of alcohol. Whatever job you’re doing at the time, give it your best shot.

To all of us, I say- lets be strong, but not necessarily all that stable.

<igmc>

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Silent Pool

Both the gin to drink, and perhaps the place where Mrs May should now be floating, face down and shot by her own side. 😡

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘World Gin Day today….’ is closed to new replies.