Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • World Champs: Team GB news and how to watch it live
  • Ben_Haworth

It’s the MTB World Championships this week over in Les Gets, France. Here’s a simple guide as to what’s happening.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

World Champs: Team GB news and how to watch it live

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

weeksy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nDtmG1]web-programme-wclg-gb-scaled[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

a11y

Cheers @weeksy, that’s helpful.

I’ll be keeping an eye on the RBTV timings. Hopefully we’ll get the junior DH races shown live too (although I’ll be out coaching then, argh).

dirkpitt74

Harriet Harnden out by the looks of it:
    Harden out with arm injury

ernie

I don’t know too much about the ebike xc race, but from I can gathered (google is my friend) along with past winners/losers; are two enduro riders the best suited? I completely acknowledge that the top enduro riders are very fit. But are they best suited to xc ebike racing vs enduro ebike racing?

cleetonator

I’m pretty sure Tahnee said she wasn’t competing at world champs via her Instagram stories the other day. I think she’s still getting treatment for her concussion earlier in the year.

bigrich

e-mtb is going to be who can pedal thier bike above the limit best, surely?

hopefully it will be full of chubby middle aged folk in full DH kit and a huge hucksack.

ayjaydoubleyou

e-mtb is going to be who can pedal thier bike above the limit best, surely?

I’ve been to Les Gets. I’ve got a good idea on what the course is going to be like, having watched previous years XC races. As always, its steeper than it looks.
    The sections where someone is going to be pedalling au-naturel above the limit I think is going to be minimal*. Or at least, such short duration that it will be a large effort for minimal gain. Maybe the occasional tactical overtake but as a general strategy I dont think it has the legs. Perhapsif Sagan is truly hundreds of watts better than the rest of the field it might work.

I dont know enough about ebikes to be able to say how, if at all, they will need to manage their batteries, and I dont know enough about the rules to know if battery swaps are permitted.

*possible exception of the start/finish. Will be interesting how they set the course up for this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.