Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Work-shy scousers
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

On C4 at the moment.
    That’s this evenings car crash telly sorted 😀

scaredypants

uh oh – here comes lodders !

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

its a joke already!!! **** fatty is a piss take! hes the reason that the uk is soo ****!

how he can sit there and be like that!

MoreCashThanDash

Had a feeling there would be a thread on this!

I’m sure he is stuck in some Royle Family time warp.

His daughter looks embarassed for him – at least she seems keen to try, considering she has never had a job, for whatever reason – probably her dad’s attitude!

loddrik
    Free Member

Funnily enough when the old fella started saying he wasn’t going to get wet, I could almost hear the intake of breath south of Birmingham…

(said the unemployed scouser…)

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ll bet that most people watching it are saying ‘bloody typical’.

Liftman

Bloody typical scousers 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just went off to make a tea, and whilst doing so did ponder if the production team went through a list of possible locations when they had the idea and decided that would be the best place to tick the most knee jerk boxes 🙂

Zoolander
    Free Member

Uh oh…. Not a thread for an Evertonian this….<backs out of thread>

jj55

12 months benefit… then it stops. They’d soon find a job! Simples

anokdale
    Free Member

😆

anokdale
    Free Member

jj55 There is enough work they could be doing for the benefits, check out the state of the roads, rubbish collected every other week etc etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is enough work they could be doing for the benefits a decent wage, check out the state of the roads, rubbish collected every other week

Work should always pay more than benefits. Those who really need to be on benefit must be supported, but those who don’t? Well, there should be an incetive to work, not sponge.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What plonker made Dave put his tie on!!??? 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Work should always pay more than benefits. Those who really need to be on benefit must be supported, but those who don’t? Well, there should be an incetive to work, not sponge.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, yossarian, your point?

anokdale
    Free Member

Flash – agreed but those who can but choose not to should not expect something for nothing.

julianwilson
    Free Member

this thread is useless without lanesra.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There are a great number of situations where a good reasonably well paying job does not make you better off than living off benefits. You would be surprised how high that salary point is.

yossarian
    Free Member

Your post just reminded me of big dave with his sleeves rolled up. Yknow how he does. Spouting on and on about shit he’s never experienced again and again.

higgo
    Free Member

Thrilled for Louise particularly.
    I hope it’s the foot on the ladder she needs.

jj55

I sat in a Jobcentre today, firstly a man literally jogged in wearing shorts and trainers to enquire where his disability living allowance was. Whe told he had to go and phne the processing centre he again literally jogged out 😯 This was followed by a woman screaming at the poor old JC staff that her father was going to freeze to death (her words not mine) as his cold weather payment hadn’t come through (bearing in mind it is now summer and the sun was beating down outside). it turned out that he turned 60 2 months too late to qualify for it last winter. satisfied with the answer they left. Surreal!

It was surreal!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Funny how there seems to be far more media demonisation of people on benefits since CallMeBigSocietyDave and his lot took over, dun’t it?

Nothing at all with distracting our attention away from the shenanigans of those avoiding/evading large amounts of tax or nothing, oh no…

Ooh! Give me someone I can perceive as being lower than me in the social ladder so’s I can feel a bit better about myself!

Ah, do we all feel a bit better than ourselves cos there’s some folk ‘beneath’ us, do we? How nice…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SBZ, I suppose that’s my point. We need to work harder to get to a point where there isn’t that disparity between benefits and work. Work should always be the better option.

How we get to that, I don’t know. If I did, I’d run for office! 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Ah, do we all feel a bit better than ourselves cos there’s some folk ‘beneath’ us, do we? How nice…

A base instinct of the lower middle class, exploited by the Tories for decades.

yossarian
    Free Member

SBZ, I suppose that’s my point. We need to work harder to get to a point where there isn’t that disparity between benefits and work. Work should always be the better option.

Unfortunately the free market your blue brothers are so keen on only actually favours people at the top of the tree captain. Until there is a sea change in how we value personal contribution to society nothing will change…and I really don’t think the Tories are going to be in the vanguard of that movement!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seems to me that those who sneer the most are also invariably those who aren’t quite as satisfied with their own lot as they might make out…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh FFS I agree with CPT
    The safety net is a valuable thing in any society but we cannot deny that some folk have become dependant on this and have no real intention of working.
    however the solution is not simple. Those who say stop benefits you have noticed there are 3 million people not working ..how many jobs do you think there are advertised. Unless we address this issue as well we will always have unemployed people whatever we do and many of these folk have nothing to offer an employer skills wise.
    Knee jerk reactions are not helpful
    Have a look at the crime rates of countries with no benefits when you suggest stopping benefits and think of the children who would live in the poverty caused by this. Think of the cost of prisons and realise benefits is a much cheaper option.
    We also need to look at employers. Locally most of the factories now use agency staff as they dont want to offer FT hours or permanent contracts. Folk turn up to work and may get sent home that day due to lack of work. This can happen many times a month or for weeks on end. If you have a mortgage to pay it makes it difficult to accept employment so we do need to look at employers as well and some of the things they do.
    we also have generations growing up with no real expectation of ever working ..poverty of aspiration also needs addressing.

Oddly even with benefit top ups you can still be worse off in work than in benefits….suggests to me that when a 40 hour week gives you less than the bare minimum to keep you out of poverty then we again need to look at employers. Look at Mc D and other companies make billions pay the minimum wage we do need to look at some corporate responsibility as well as personal responsibility
    It is quite rare you will be worse off in work due to family tax credits compared to benefits…needs loads of kids usually

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have an interesting choice at the moment after finding myself newly unemployed.
    I can sign up with an agency for minimum wage and work some sh1tty job with no holiday pay,no sick pay,no prospects.Or….I can sign on,get my rent paid while looking for a real job and riding my bike lots.
    By the time I’ve paid for fuel to get to my mc-job for min wage and paid my rent and council tax….I’ll end up with exactly the same amount in my pocket as I would if I signed on.
    I’ve never claimed in 21 years of paying my taxes-am I wrong to take advantage of a system I’ve invested in??
    Flame away…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry, Junkyard! 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

a man literally jogged in wearing shorts and trainers to enquire where his disability living allowance was.

I saw one guy doing one arm push ups in the waiting area to pass the time, as he waited for the Job Centre staff to sort out his disability allowance.

Really, they have no shame these people 😐

anokdale
    Free Member

Rorschach – You will do the right thing mate or get uber fit this summer, good luck on finding proper job.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What a lazy couch potato that guy was, eh?

*awaits Darcy backlash*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why you awaiting a Darcy backlash, you wind up merchant? Just because he made you look a knob on the obesity thread.

Leave him alone or I’ll have to deal with you.

And you don’t want that, do you? Hmm? No, you don’t.

So be’ave.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rorschach your call but personally I would sign on as you will find it easier to look for work that way and see what happens after tha you will get 12 weeks grace to look for whatever you want …some try and hassle you that it is less but it is not.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh Elfin you silly little man, how did he make me look a knob?

Don’t make me use the panda on a hobby horse!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Use what you want, won’t affect me.

DD challenged you for making glib remarks, and you chose to act a knob then came out with some BS about feeling empathy or something. What a crock.

Just be’ave and respect others, innit?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh Elfin you silly little man, how did he make me look a knob?

I’ve just checked ’cause I hadn’t seen the thread and yup, looks to me like Deadly made you look like knob……maybe you hadn’t noticed ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry Elfin it sounds like you’re wibbling on again. 😉

You assume you know what other people are thinking… well done you.

No I hadn’t ernie… maybe I’ll read it again to see where I made an offensive comment…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Waffle all you want.

You know I’m right.

Enough already be quiet now.

Ernie; you have no idea just how convoluted local government politics in Tower Hamlets is. Loads of dodgy dealings going on.

Oona King as the worst though. By far.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Work-shy scousers’ is closed to new replies.