Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Worcester Bosch Boiler won't fill???
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can help with this,
    Got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior boiler that I’m trying to refill after I drained the system approx 6 weeks ago. I can hear water going in from the filling loop I’ve bled the rads all over the house and they are full of water so theres no air in the system. Heres the problem I can’t get 1 Bar of pressure, I can’t even get the needle off 0, the water puts some into the boiler then just stops??? The water pressure seems fine coming from the tap, also the water isn’t escaping out the pressure release pipe outside either. It just won’t go into the boiler? It’s a puzzler????

Cheers

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Also I’ve rang Worcester Bosch technical help desk and they couldn’t help! They said I hadn’t done anything wrong and couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t work??

somouk
    Free Member

Check all the valves to the rads and stuff are open, they should be on the bottom of the boiler by where the fill loop is.

A friend had a similar issue after a plumber had been in, for some reason the vavles had been closed and he couldn’t put any water in to the system.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I haven’t touched them and the house has been empty so I guess they are still open, I will check though. The rads are filling with water though, just can’t get 1 bar on the pressure gauge.

bfjaerem
    Free Member

low water pressure?

jam-bo

does the pressure gauge move at all. is it broken.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

It’s the water stopping that’s the worry, the pressure gauge was working when I drained the system.
    Low water pressure? Could be but it seems quite strong through the taps.

chickenman

Pressure vessel needing charged up with air probably (or membrane in it goosed). Use a track pump.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Had another look earlier, opened the drain cock below the boiler and there seems to be decent pressure in the boiler the way the water came out, also water coming out of the bleed holes on the rads at decent pressure. I’ll check the pressure vessel pressure tomorrow, needs to be 1 1/2 bar? is this correct? If that’s ok I’m going to change the pressure gauge tomorrow as this could be faulty. Riviting innit? 😆

scubashark
    Free Member

Yep would say expansion vessel needs charging. Take the pressure out of the boiler then 1 bar pressure with pump repressurise with fill loop

bazhall
    Free Member

I’ve got a greenstar 28i and it took a good 15/20min maybe longer before the pressure gauge started to move when I topped it up a couple of months ago. Yeah the pressure should be 1 1/2bar.

Bear
    Free Member

Faulty pressure gauge most likely. Faulty expansion vessel wouldn’t stop pressurisation of the system as it accommodates expansion not pressurisation.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Yes that makes sense Bear thinking about it.
    Right I know what I’m doing in the morning!

tillydog
    Free Member

You *absolutely* certain that the isolation valves where the CH pipework enters the boiler are open? (I know it was asked above.)

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Right I know you’ve all been on tenterhooks waiting for the next riveting installment of the Bosch boiler saga. It was the pressure gauge, I’ve fitted a new one, the boiler works.
    Phew!

jeffl

Good job. There is an internal filling loop with the silly black key thing that you get to underneath. I think the idea is that it’s more accessible than a traditional filling loop that’s plumbed in round the back at the bottom of the pipe work. Was going to ask which one you were using although it shouldn’t make a difference as far as I’m aware.

totalshell

all those posts and only one made any sense.. its easy as we do it all day everyday to take our skills and knowledge for granted yet refreshing to read some of the above to realise that outwardly competent intelligent folks can be Soooo far off to be dangerous..

jam-bo

what do I win?

BigJohn

Have you put new inhibitor in?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Worcester Bosch Boiler won't fill???’ is closed to new replies.