Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Women of STW – help – longer leg ladies bib shorts?
  • continuity
    Free Member

I’m really struggling to help my other half.

She’s tried half a dozen pairs of bibshorts (to use on the turbo and under mtb shorts), but everything she’s tried only come about halfway down her leg. Castelli seem particularly guilty. Endura do a Long Leg Pro SL for men, but nothing for women.

She’s 5’7ish, so not an amazon by any means, though pretty light so usually wearing an xs (castelli, rapha), and is fed up of 1) loads of leg being exposed and 2) a big gap between bibshorts and knee pads. Bought her some lovely Patagonia Dirt Craft shorts for christmas, and the bibliner they come with may as well be a pair of hipster boxer shorts.

Any ideas?

Tracey

I don’t use bibs but most of the liners I use are ok on my legs.
    My daughter who is 5’10” and a 33″ inside leg has tried alsorts but for the last 4 years has used the Specialized women’s SWAT liner bibs and rates them for comfort and durability also for storage when racing.
    She tends to buy hers when she sees them in sales, both home and abroad.
    If you can find the older ones they had an even longer leg

Sandwich

How do 3/4 tights measure up?

continuity
    Free Member

@sandwich 3/4 go over the knee as they should.

She doesn’t have enormous legs – but just can’t get bibs to fit like mine do – an inch above the knee.

E.g. here are Rapha’s “longer” pro team bibs. 3-4 inches above the knee (photo from their website)

ahsat

Morning! 5’8” woman with 32” leg here. I feel your OHs issues. Yes Castelli definitely are the worse for leg length. I’ve personally settled on the Rapha core bibs when out on the bike (on the turbo I don’t worry and just wear which ever one’s are to hand). They come about 3” from my knee at a guess – certainly shorter than the mens shorts I see (I’ve definitely not found anything that fits 1” from the knee as yours do); but I feel comfortable in them (normally I can feel pretty self conscious). On the mtb, I totally get the knee pad gap and I hate it – only answer has been to find long enough baggies. My current favourite are by Findra, which are light and long. With those I just wear my Castelli (I like the chamois on the mtb) and chuck my baggies over the top. I am becoming a fan of a riding trouser over the top for the same reason.

(My 3/4s generally only go over the knee and not part the way down the calf. Only exception is some Rapha ‘cafe’ ones that I don’t think they make any more, sadly)

stwhannah

Amanda likes these: https://singletrackworld.com/2021/12/giro-womens-chrono-expert-halter-bib-shorts-editors-choice-awards-2021/

I don’t think I’ve found any that are only an inch above the knee – I didn’t know they could be like that! I tend to wear one of these:

Rated: Endura FS260-PRO SL Women’s Bib Shorts DS

7mesh ones here: https://singletrackworld.com/2017/09/fresh-goods-friday-362/

or Gore ones that I can’t find a pic of right now, but none are as long as you’re looking for (I’m 5 foot 9.5).

mrb123
    Free Member

Have a look at Pactimo. Their mens bibs are the longest in the leg that I’ve found.

The women’s ones look pretty generous too. They publish the inseam measurements so you should be able to compare them against ones you’ve got.

matt_outandabout

I hear you OP – but usually the opposite issue of a 5′ rider having shorts almost on her knee….

We were surprised recently to buy some Scott shorts that are almost too short!

I’m surprised one of the good brands doesn’t offer a short/med/long leg …

continuity
    Free Member

@stwhannah

We tried some of the giros in the recent sale. I even kept a pair as I liked them – the women’s ones were lovely made, but again – 3″ above the knee. Yes – some of this is about her feeling self conscious, some is about the fact that I have short leg and a long body and she’s the opposite.

Perhaps she just buys a pair of long leg men’s ones? =]

belugabob
    Free Member

Galibier do bibs in short/regular/longer leg lengths – which worked out well for my 29 inch legs – unfortunately they only do these for men.
    Might be worth dropping them a line, in case they have plans to do them

(And checkout the length of their women’s 3/4 bibs)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Women of STW – help – longer leg ladies bib shorts?’ is closed to new replies.