Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wolftooth light action remote users
  • sam1988
    Free Member

Any one use this lever with hope tech 3 brakes? Due to the extra lengh of the leverI’m no sure if I should get one with the compatible mount for my brakes or a normal band clamp, with a band I have more adjustment, I’m fearwitb the hope mount and extra blade lengh it might sit to far into my grip area and get in the way? Or am I over thinking it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run exactly that set up. I also have the lever a long way inboard so only the ball of the lever hooks my index finger.

Works a treat.

sam1988
    Free Member

Slight change. The UK suppliers don’t list the hope mount like they do on wolftooth site. So it’s either a band clamp or the sram clamp which I have an adaptor to mount that to my brakes.

@onzadog
    what clamp is it that you use?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think it was i-spec B. Bolted straight onto the lever. Ordered from 18 bikes if memory serves.

sam1988
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking there is side to side adjustment on the central bolt on the bearing too?

I just found a video on YouTube showing the shimsno mount working on the hope brakes. The lever you have is the LA one? I believe its around 5mm longer lever over the normal ones

davewalsh
    Free Member

I run the standard ispec a/b lever with tech 3 brakes and I find the position of the lever to be spot-on for me. Personally I think the the LA lever would get in the way but I have quite wide hands. There’s about 5mm of side to side adjustment in the lever position and the LA lever is 10mm longer than standard.

countrybumpking
    Free Member

I run the band clamp version with tech 3 levers. There is loads of room to play around with lever and remote position and the remote itself has a slotted bolt on the bearing that allows side to side adjustment as well.

It works great and the extra lever length makes the action really light. Had it fir a while now, it’s maintenance free and still feels like new.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wolftooth light action remote users’ is closed to new replies.