Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wireless TV aerial?
  • lovewookie

Moved the living room about and now need to get the aerial cable to the new TV location.
    Can’t run it through walls as they’re stone, so only solution is trunking up to the ceiling and down.
    Got me thinking about ways to do it wirelessly.
    Is there anything out thee that takes the coax cable, and transmits wireless council telly?
    Could get a cheap Freeview box and maybe hdmi wireless from that to the TV? Though I may also be making that up.

Surely there’s a way to sort it without having to trail wires everywhere?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

A quick google suggests that a freeview box with a sender setup would be the simplest, ultimately you need a tuner to send the aerial signal.

savoyad

We have one of these: https://www.silicondust.com/ which takes the freeview signal from your aerial and makes it accessible on your home network.

HD performance isn’t great though. And that’s using ethernet. I don’t know that I’d trust it over wifi.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I think the reason they aren’t available is due to broadcasting laws.

If you could share TV over your Wifi you can share it via the net, direct.

boombang
    Free Member

Had no aerial for almost 3 years, we stream everything using the usual non-subscription suspects (BBC, C4, ITV, UK-TV, DAVE, GOLD, etc. and then pay for Now TV entertainment and Disney+

Are there other things we are missing out on? Genuine question as there is even a socket and cable behind the TV, when moved in the aerial was loose so took it off and never got round ro sorting.

jam-bo

^^^

this. if you have a good internet connection then pretty much anything can be streamed now. we still have an aerial on the chimney but only because I haven’t got a long enough set of ladders to go and take it off.

lovewookie

guess I just got used to freeview. I quite like browsing to confirm there’s nothing on before heading to netflix etc 😉

I suppose I can cast freeview tv app from my phone if I want something immediate. it’s a shame it’s not available on firestick :-/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wireless TV aerial?’ is closed to new replies.