Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Miserable start to the season, so many mistakes. Next week at the Scablets is going to be tough.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

The O’s must have been very poor or were Glasgow better than their previous outings?

Ulster top of the pops now, a win from the Galway mob tomorrow would be sweet

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The O’s must have been very poor or were Glasgow better than their previous outings?

Both.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys minus the likes of Hook, Phillips, Shane, Lee Byrne, Tommy Bowe, Jerry Collins, Gavin Henson, Huw Bennet, Marty Holah, Craig Mitchel, Filo Tiatia, Nikki Walker, Paul James with Adam and Ryan Jones injured are mostly shite.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

You need Tommy Bowe back 😀

tiggs121
    Free Member

Bit of both. Glasgow were much better and Ospreys were poor. So many handling errors.

Ospreys seemed to have more possesion but Glasgow defended well and scored 2 oportunist tries – one from 80 metres!

Glasgow will still finish in bottom half I reckon.

Easy win from Edinburgh as we may have expected. Top half finish for my team.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I think Embra have a good chance of making the play offs.

Moment of the game from Belfast was a ruthless Ulster crowd chanting, Who are ya? When ROG came on and threw a pass into touch. Oh and nice boy Trimble was involved in a bit of a fracas

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Ospreys minus the likes of Hook, Phillips, Shane, Lee Byrne, Tommy Bowe, Jerry Collins, Gavin Henson, Huw Bennet, Marty Holah, Craig Mitchel, Filo Tiatia, Nikki Walker, Paul James with Adam and Ryan Jones injured are mostly shite.

That’s not an excuse for them being unable to take their own line-out ball, get parity in the scrum, defend properly, work off a set-piece. Do the basics in other words.

And Henson again, a_a?

The Ospreys are also without Scott Gibbs…… 🙄

duckman

A-A; fancy that; a Welsh rugby fan looking to the past! 😀

Sarries/Tigers smashmouth rugby; oh vey baby!

anagallis_arvensis

A-A; fancy that; a Welsh rugby fan looking to the past

the futures bright, the futures Scarlet! The Scarlets dont have a pack though so that could get tricky later!
    Anyway more than looking forward to this years 6 nations, although Rob Howley as head bus is a worry. The fact is the Ospreys dont have the players to compete anymore. Tandy is the **** coach for christs sake, the last coach in Wales has left, turned the lights off and shut down the power station. Its going to be a tough few years for the regions. So many players leaving and not being replaced throughout Wales. The only quality players O’s had on the pitch were Ashley Beck, Tipuric, Ian Evans and AW Jones who came on as a replacement. Fussel looked one of the slightly less shite players for christ sake!

And Henson again, a_a?

yep the O’s third highest points scorer of all time behind Bigger and Hook who has left in the last few years and not been replaced.

The Ospreys are also without Scott Gibbs…

and Justin Marshal 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

The Ospreys with out a Moriarty 😆 oops may have gone to far there 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Paul or Richard?

duckman

Bugger; RIP Nevin Spence. 22 and just named in the provisional squad.
    Killed in an accident on the family farm along with his Brother and Father.

SUFTUM.

Pigface
    Free Member

Very sad Duckman, tragic accident for the family and rugby.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Tragic for the Spence family, a mother has lost her husband and two sons, her daughter is still in hospital.

Nevin was a great young player and had a wonderful future ahead of him.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19614688

RIP

anagallis_arvensis

RIP

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Nice video AA. So sad for the family

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – bad news.

anagallis_arvensis

To prevent confusion, the club would like to clarify events surrounding an incident which took place in London on Saturday.

Several Saracens players, together with their wives and girlfriends, were enjoying a quiet evening when an uninvited stranger approached the group. A brief altercation occurred, which resulted in a friend of this stranger attacking Chris Ashton with a glass. The Saracens winger suffered two minor cuts on the left side of his face, but neither required stitches.

Edward Griffiths, CEO, said: “Since arriving at the club, Chris has proved himself an outstanding member of the Saracens family, on and off the field. It is a reality that well known sports people are provoked by strangers and subsequent events are instantly tweeted. People will inevitably see this story and say an England rugby player is in trouble again. For clarity, Chris Ashton is not in trouble at all. On the contrary, he was celebrating an anniversary with his girlfriend and showed admirable restraint.”
    http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=7165

where was Gavin!!!

duckman

Report mentions an evening drink A-A; a lightweight like Gav would have finished chucking ice cubes, dissing his stand-off, and would have collapsed in his own wee by evening.

anagallis_arvensis

Good point!

anagallis_arvensis

Just seen Gavin Henson’s London Welsh beat Exeter at home. Get in, that was a must win match if the have any hope of staying up!

anagallis_arvensis

And Sale next………

duckman

Aye; what on earth has happened to Sale? Sign some Gallacticos and become rubbish; they were decent if a bit lightweight last season,but are really struggling this year.I actually think it will be a bad season all round for exiles. Irish and Welsh in the prem,and my old mob Scottish are in bad shape in the Championship. Mind you; Leeds,Bristol,Newcastle,it is starting to become a genuine second tier.

anagallis_arvensis

Suprised irish are doing so bad what with them having scotlands best ten McShingler in the team!

Pigface
    Free Member

Hats off to the Exiles a great result, will be world beaters when Gav returns 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Highlights on ITV4 now.

WTF are Northampton doing playing in baby blue? No clash with the Barf home kit, so why the change?

Silly marketing loblocks.

duckman

A-A like Wasps then for Wales? 😀

transapp
    Free Member

And on the ongoing battle with English / French v’s Celtic, this is an interesting article…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9547001/The-French-clubs-hold-the-key-in-war-over-European-rugbys-riches.html

Obviously a little biased, however pretty well sums up the positions. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

duckman

Rather selective in it’s information…mentioning what the Irish contribute compared to what they get from prize money; that would be the same comp they keep winning and the payments to them reflect that. I wonder how interested TV would be interested in a comp that is biased in selection to two nations? I think it is a done deal tbh. Two tier comp with the Anglo French league coming to a borrowed football stadium near you (with 2 Irish teams). However the Amlin will be more representative of a Europe wide comp…So I think it will start to pick up.

anagallis_arvensis

There is also a club v country aspect. Let the English and French flog their players in whatever comp and keep watching their national teams underperform. What will the fans make of that?

transapp
    Free Member

But the flip side is how long will the Celtic teams continue to develop world class players without a competative league that draws fans in enough quantities to pay for the game to remain highly professional.

What I’d love to see (and I won’t) is a proper, European league with qualifying in country type groups moving towards a knockout finish. Not sure that it would be sustainable, no idea where the money would come from but I’d love to watch the rugby it provided, and the internationals of super 14 quality!

Edit oh and Duckman, it has the amount that the prize money for winning is in the arrival, says 15% which is still nowhere near parity, although I don’t know if any of it is actually true.

anagallis_arvensis

Indeed transapp it will be a case of who goes tits up first.

transapp
    Free Member

Sadly so. I think this is going to go badly no matter which country you’re supporting 🙁

duckman

We don’t have Academies; good Scottish players(and there are a few)are produced by clubs, nicked by pro teams here,then head sarf when proven internationals. The English and French are obviously missing the fact that a European cup appeals to fans as a chance to see teams from all the 6n teams. Plus; why would the English trust the French? That article also included Ireland’s share of 6n money in/out while talking about the lager cup. Why can’t unions understand that we go to see ints/HC games because they are an event? We watch then on our expensive sky sub because they are an event? Narrowing the variety will spoil it. EG; Embra wouldn’t have even qualified last year, breaking TJ and Tiggs hearts 8) Not a bad place to go and watch a wee bit of rugby over a weekend.

transapp
    Free Member

Don’t disagree at all Duckman, however if I were operating a club as a business, I’d want a fair share of the cash. Ah well, this’ll rumble on for 18months much as the lions tour will be talked about after every game, however there a seasons rugby till then and Leicester have finally had a good start to a season!

duckman

In my town there is a muppet of a guy who used to own the two pounds a pint pub which was rammed 11am till 11pm. Being a tart,he shut it; spent near to 7 figures doing it up as a cocktail bar…it shut as nobody was bothered. French and English unions have the bigger business, but only because they are bringing their “exotic” product to us benighted Celtic masses,and thrown us the ad man’s dream of allowing us a little bit of association through buying into watching the competition.
    I think that without us and the Welsh; and indeed most of the Irish, the English and French will find their product becomes stale pretty quickly….Point being the Tigers/Sarries game on Sat…

Still; Status Quo remains just now and I am off to Limerick soon (have I mentioned that on this thread? 😀 )

BlindMelon
    Free Member

For anyone attending Pro12 or Prem games this weekend there is to be a mintues silence for the Spence family before the game. Social media sites and rugby fan forums are suggesting a chorus of Stand up for the Ulster men immediately after the minutes silence. Can you spread the word on twitter/fb etc and if any of you have contacts in your clubs maybe you could get it announced at the grounds.

I think this would be a good way to show the global rugby community supports the Spence family and Ulster fans at this time.

TimP
    Free Member

Changing subject, what on earth is this??

Despite all the All Black fuss, the black change kit was teh nicest for some time, but would still like something that has some meaning

duckman

Changing subject, what on earth is this??

New “Watermelon” away strip; reflects Englands toughness when play SH teams

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.