Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter tights – Recommendations for the taller chap
  • willard

In normal circumstances I would just slap my humvees over the top of some lycra shorts, but I’m getting old and the weathers a bit chilly and, dammit, I hate getting back from a winter ride and then spending 30 minutes coaxing the little chap down from my stomach, so can anyone recommend some decent, long legged winter tights that would do for both road and MTB?

jamj1974

Lusso or Pearl Izumi AmFib are both good for taller riders. I wear large in both and am 6′ 0.75″ – (Although thought I was 6’for the last 22 years…)

lunge

Decathlon does the job for (6’4″, 36″ legged) me. Their 700 series bib tights are very warm and fit my frame very well.

ton

i hate cycling clothes with a vengance….but i have just ordered a new winter ensemble for the same reason….i have become a soft old shyte.

1 x pair of funkier 3 quarter bibs
    1 x pair of endura urban trousers
    1 x baa baa merino

mated with my northface apex softshell hopefully iwill be snug.

davosaurusrex

I got some Scott winter ones from Start Cycles for about £45 down from £115 odd last winter, lovely and warm. Dunno if they still have them though.

Edit – just looked and they still have them but only in small. Even cheaper at £30 though, bargain for a diddy one

http://m.startcycles.co.uk/scott-helium-minus-all-season-cycling-bib-tights.html

chakaping
    Free Member

My DHB tights have extraordinarily long legs FWIW

cinnamon_girl

My giant of a son wears Castelli bibs. Not sure what the others are though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lusso + 1. Repel max in large, I’ve a 34″ inside leg, and they’re about 2-3 inches too long!.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 lusso and sportful for longer legged among us 🙂

vmgscot

Nuther vote for Lusso Max Repel…6ft2 and 34 inside

ahwiles
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

My DHB tights have extraordinarily long legs FWIW

this ^

i’m a skinny 6’2ish, with 36″ legs.

ie, i’m a freak.

DHB ‘medium’ tights fit me just fine.

and they’re extremely good.

and they’re extremely cheap.

i got the unpadded tights, so i can alter their warmth with different padded shorts underneath.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter tights – Recommendations for the taller chap’ is closed to new replies.