Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter is coming…..which bib shorts?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

I have bought the DHB aeron bib short for the past couple of years but just wondered if there is anything else out there of comparable comfort and quality but at a cheaper price?
    Got a week long MTB trip to the Lakes coming up very soon so comfort is a priority!
    Any recommends from the STW hive mind?

lunge

Decathon/B’Twin 700 or 900 series stuff, £50 ish and better than shorts costing 3 times that according to my backside.

I’m intrigued why winter means bib shorts though, unless you’re after winter shorts, in which case I like the Specialized pair I bought last year but have no idea what model they are.

zelak999
    Free Member

Cheers Lunge, i only tend to wear bibs in the Winter/Spring really, hence the title.

Daffy

Depends how fast you ride and what you ride. I tend to wear 3/4 for most of the year.

jam-bo

I picked up some giro shorts from sportpursuit. Really good quality and nearly 70% off RRP.

scaredypants

I like the Sportful Fiandre Norain ones for autumn/winter roadying but they’re 80 quid unless you buy in summer
    Water resistant and pretty warm, though. Them and a pair of Aldi legwarmers does the job any time for me (Southern England, so never all that cold)

iainc

Bib longs. knee pads and baggies FTW 🙂

zelak999
    Free Member

I picked up some giro shorts from sportpursuit. Really good quality and nearly 70% off RRP.

whats the sizing like on these Jam Bo?

martinhutch

Sport Pursuit may have a £50 deal on the Rivelo Honister, which is quite a warm bib for autumn/early winter riding. Sizing is reasonable.

jam-bo

whats the sizing like on these Jam Bo?

More American than Italian. Medium fits fine on 32” waist.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Castelli Nano Light Pro working great for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter is coming…..which bib shorts?’ is closed to new replies.