Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Windows Update Reboot Issues
  • stumpyjon

Anyone know if there is a list out there (Google hasn’t helped) of windows 10 updates for the last 6 months that lists whether a reboot was required or not. Assuming all previous updates were installed correctly would a reboot requirement be different from PC to PC?

Background is we have thousands of PCs in remote places, 100 fell over yesterday as they got stuck rebooting after the update, they’re not supposed to install the updates but these fell through the cracks. I’m trying to work out why they fell over yesterday and not for previous updates.

Any help would be approeciated.

MSP

Its a revision update this month if you allow it, not just a normal security patch and bug fix.

disco_stu
    Free Member

What are you using to manage the updates? WSUS or something else?

stumpyjon

Actually we’re not managing the updates, most of our remote PCs have a task installed to prevent the updates (yes I know and our IT department really don’t like it either) as the alternative can be a 10 hour round trip for someone to go and press a physical button. Luckily today’s fiasco could be fixed remotely.

MSP thanks, that’s the sort of info I need, a bigger update that may well force a machine to reboot rather than a normal security update which is patched in the background.

Bugger it’s just dawned on me I’ve gone a little more peak STW as I’m now effectively an IT manager, how did that happen!!

scaredypants

Background is we have thousands of PCs in remote places, 100 fell over yesterday as they got stuck rebooting after the update, they’re not supposed to install the updates but these fell through the cracks. I’m trying to work out why they fell over yesterday and not for previous updates.

Mine updated the other day too – right inthe middle of me working on it. No pop-up, no nothin’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Windows Update Reboot Issues’ is closed to new replies.