• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winchester parking for SDW in a day?
  • Bez

Anyone done the “park at Winchester, train to Eastbourne, ride back” method?

Initially thought I’d park at the station, but the Park and Ride is cheaper (weekday) and has RingGo, which presumably means if things go pear-shaped then I can pay for a second day’s parking without having to get to back the van itself.

Anyone able to confirm that this is a brilliant plan? 🙂

stimpy
    Free Member

It is a brilliant plan although the station also has pay by mobile too so you can top it up if plans go awry.

And you’ll have less distance to go when you get back if you park at the station.

joefm

The east park and ride is pretty close to the sdw start

gary

Should be fine, I’ve done the park, ride, train back variant with no trouble. Arguably that’s a better option as you have better use of daylight to accommodate any issues arising and better chance of favourable wind.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Ride a double?

Bez

Cheers. Yes, train afterwards makes more sense in many ways, and I like being out super early, but I live near the eastern end and want to start at Eastbourne. Double? I’ve ridden a mountain bike maybe a dozen times in over 7 years, never more than about 20 miles, so perhaps not just yet 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winchester parking for SDW in a day?’ is closed to new replies.