Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Williamson. Fallons' replacement.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I see he keeps a pet tarantula in his office and keeps going on about what a hard man he is and apparently everybody is supposed to be scared of him.

1: Isn’t it about time that our representatives, I was going to say “acted like”, were actual grown up, intelligent adults?

2: He sounds like a pathetic knob head. 😆

gobuchul
    Free Member

He drives a Series 3 land Rover, so not 100% bad. 🙂

tjagain

2: He sounds like a pathetic knob head.

Like the vast majority of our political representatives?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

When your own party members call you a “self serving ****” I think it’s fair to say you could probably work on your people skills a bit.

Couple of other Tory quotes:

“Gavin is a slimeball who knifed Fallon to get the job himself”

“He [Williamson] has become the most loathed person in the parliamentary party, he’s overplayed his hand, he’s out of his depth, he’s never held a ministerial post, he’s never spoken at the despatch box and he’s deserted the whips’ office at a perilous moment”

“There are times when offered a job that it would be better to advise that another would be more experienced & suited to the role.”

Esme
    Free Member

On the other hand:
    The man who kept a tarantula on his desk to keep MPs in line added that the whips’ office takes a carrot and stick approach. “Personally I don’t much like the stick, but it is amazing what can be achieved with a sharpened carrot.”
    (From The Times)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

On what other hand? That just illustrates my point.

Blah blah blah. How about I raise your sharpened carrot with a swift foot flick of your miniscule testicles, Mr Foreign Secretary?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

He drives a Series 3 land Rover,

..which isn’t taxed according to DVLA.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some of you lot voted for him/his party so don’t feel too aggrieved will you 🙄

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

He is a sad pathetic individual who has no qualities other than ambition. This is the new face of the Tory Party.

taxi25
    Free Member

“Personally I don’t much like the stick, but it is amazing what can be achieved with a sharpened carrot.”

😆 I like the man already.

Greybeard
    Free Member

This is the new face of the Tory Party

(other parties similar, but not as bad)

mefty
    Free Member

So people complain about public school educated Tories who have only worked in politics, so they promote a comprehensive educated one who has worked in manufacturing outside London and that is awful too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one has even mentioned his background yet alone complained about it so not sure why you brought it up

Ok he is a brilliant choice because he has a science degree and he worked in potteries in the midlands

He is a tory obvs I wont think much of him….just like his colleagues 😉

FWIW it better to have a mix of backgrounds in parliament [ all sides] but not being a publicly educated toff does not automatically make one good….see the labour party for your needs on this one 😀

white101

Not sure its the new face of the Tory party?

All my lifetime it seems that they have been all about personal gain. Even if we take that last 2 years Boris fits this profile perfectly.

He will be no different to the last bloke or the next bloke (there are few women who will be given the Defence job), he will do as he is told by party hierarchy but will look to score his own points along the way to the top

mefty
    Free Member

No one has even mentioned his background yet alone complained about it so not sure why you brought it up

I brought it up because it is a fairly stereotypical criticism that is leveled at Tories, especially when Cameron was PM. This guy is outside this stereotype so I thought it worth noting.

Is he any good? No idea, but I will give him the benefit of doubt, May apparently rates him highly as do others.

The Press narrative is that is May has no power and everything is manipulated by other actors, Williamson in this case. I think these narratives are bollocks, they just make political journalists’s jobs easy by simplifying reality. (Much the same happened under Brown.) That said he may have no chance of succeeding in the Press’s eyes simply because he has been promoted by the wrong PM. That’s politics and the same has happened to plenty of others from all parties.

kimbers

Is he any good? No idea, but I will give him the benefit of doubt, May apparently rates him highly as do others.

The Press narrative is that is May has no power and everything is manipulated by other actors, Williamson in this case. I think these narratives are bollocks, they just make political journalists’s jobs easy by simplifying reality. (Much the same happened under Brown.) That said he may have no chance of succeeding in the Press’s eyes simply because he has been promoted by the wrong PM.

That and it’s being reported that the Tories sat on the elphicke allegations for a year, as chief whip he’d surely have known of them

Promoting a him was poor judgement by May (but that’s what we’ve come to expect from her) especially chief whip who’s job it was to know who’s been up to dodgy stuff, just as a huge scandal about said dodgy stuff was breaking.

Maybe he’d be a great defence sec, but the apparent backlash from within her party (which the press are only reporting) and the timing of it all are against him.

and fwiw I don’t think that he promoted himself Frank Underwood style, I just think May doesn’t have a clue what to do right now so wanted an MP she trusted- can’t be many of those left!

mefty
    Free Member

That and it’s being reported that the Tories sat on the elphicke allegations for a year, as chief whip he’d surely have known of them

Not seen any reports that suggest this.

There is always backlash, it is very easy to find politicians who think they would be better at the job. The Press search for what they want to find to prove the narrative – it is all simplistic bollocks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

May apparently rates him highly

you say that like its a good thing

The Press narrative is that is May has no power and everything is manipulated by other actors, Williamson in this case. I think these narratives are bollocks

The actions of Boris, the divisions with the cabinet nevee mind the party, her GE fiasco also show her to be incredibly weak and she leads a minority govt at a time of great turmoil

I think the narrative is pretty spot on she is trying to control events but she is a passenger to them in the main
    She is not dead but she is very very wounded and weak. I think you need to be a pretty died in the woop Tory to argue otherwise and its as credible as arguing that the PLP support Corbyn – there is a truce there due to the GE and the fact the Tories are in self destruct mode but this is not gone either its just quiet at the minute

The reality is we have two weak leaders ruling over divided parties at difficult times. Its just which ones self destruct first. I think Tories foowed by a few years of Labour basically doing the same.

Northwind

kimbers – Member

Either that or he’s completely useless and his own party was hiding things from him.

tjagain

Its reported in the press that the allegations were known a year ago – more leaks from the tory party. Stuff like that is not reported unless the sources are good

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well given the reduced pool to pick from qualification 1 is not being on the list so he is a winner there.
    Complicity in covering up stuff or holding it for blackmail would be another charge, maybe he left that part to the ones on the list themselves.

There comes a point where you really have to just pick from whats left and hope for the best.

tjagain

In a brief statement released by the party on Friday evening, Julian Smith, the Conservative chief whip, said: “I have suspended the Conservative party whip from Charlie Elphicke MP following serious allegations that have been referred to the police.”

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Is he a bit tasty with nunchucks?

Ever kicked a tramp or nonce to death on a Friday night out?

kimbers

Not seen any reports that suggest this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/03/tory-mp-charlie-elphicke-suspended-referred-police-following/

According to reports on Friday night, the Conservative whips received an allegation about Mr Elphicke shortly after Theresa May became Prime Minister, but the woman who made the complaint did not want to involve the police.

Mrs May is likely to face questions about why the party has only now referred the matter to police if whips were aware of the allegations more than a year ago

kimbers

Torygraph also reckon leadsom knifed Fallon in a dispute over Brexit 🙄

While Times reckon it was sexual assault claim against him that came to light on Wednesday

jam-bo

I think you need to be a pretty died in the woop Tory to argue otherwise

Awaits jambalaya…

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Check out his voting record, slightly right of Facist.

binners

Laura Kuenssbergs quote:

May is now so weak, she allowed Williamson to appoint himself.

Seems about right

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Press search for what they want to find to prove the narrative – it is all simplistic bollocks.

And to prove the point

A Laura K quote!!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Williamson. Fallons' replacement.’ is closed to new replies.