Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)
  • Will Surf Matt return?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

On a different car thread a week or so ago I made some comments and stated that I fully expected to have a petrol head shouting abuse at me shortly

Indeed that is exactly what surf matt did.

His issue is he can give it out but not accept it. He dishes out loads of abuse to folk who don’t agree with him but goes apoplectic if anyone dare question him or his lifestyle at all.

juan
    Free Member

yeaahhh what donotwearahelmetoryouwilldieknob says 😉

Plus a part from smacking a few drunk heads Ihave no clue of what achievement he has done?

Bunnyhop

Too much has happened in the time I’ve been away.

BigDummy is back – hooray
    Awesome Matt has flounced – hooray.
    The Southern Yeti has been unbanned – hooray.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“ton when you flounced of melhworld did they
    notice ? Had a look at it a couple of nights ago.
    They are very. . . . Cliquey aren’t they ?”

Not deliberately, it’s a small group of folk who have known each over in real life and online for years. New folk will get ribbed but if they have the right attitude they will be fine.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

didn’t this happen on bikeradar?
    http://www.bikeradar.com/MTB/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12696104&highlight=

surely if you want to talk about cars you’d just go on a car forum??

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLLERCOPTERS at repetition of history.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Ton when you flounced of melhworld did they notice? Had a look at it a couple of nights ago. They are very…. Cliquey aren’t they?

Emsz.

If you’d stuck around a couple of days all would have been fine.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What I want to know is how do I flounce back on?

D.beanz – who are you over there then >>>>> ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What I want to know is how do I flounce back on?

I’m sure you’ll figure out a way. Have I seen you posting on here before then?

emsz
    Free Member

Tbh guys there didn’t seem to anything for me to stick around for…

S’ok, though l’ll come and say hello every now and again

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have I seen you posting on here before then?

Yeah I used to post on here quite a bit.

It became a bit of a problem, logging on when I got up, taking regular STW breaks at work, still STWing last thing before bed. I, errr, decided to have a break… but going out on an evening isn’t half as good as people tell you!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Come back S-M, we need you!

Hello?

GW
    Free Member

who here hasn’t had an internet flounce?

never! been posting on here and plenty other mtb forums for around 11 years or more.. Taken plenty of abuse on here over the years inc. some v. personal insults and even a few threats of physical violence! 😆 some people take themselves way too seriously, a discussion on a forum it isn’t even worth worrying about, never mind flouncing off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Agreed GW…had threats of violence myself too!

Northwind

HoratioHufnagel – Member

“surely if you want to talk about cars you’d just go on a car forum??”

Nah, he doesn’t want to post on car forums… Quite common this, self-proclaimed experts who carefully avoid forums and sites that are relevant to their chosen subject. That way, they can talk cobblers without as much risk of coming across anyone who can correct them.

ton

al…………fist pie is not a threat of violence 😉

GW
    Free Member

what is it then Ton? an offer?

roll up roll up… get yer pies fisted here.. two for a pound!

scaredypants

I like to see a good flounce – “never coming back here” etc

S-M’s was too considered though, as if he was already plotting messy retribution in the dead of night. 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

al…………fist pie is not a threat of violence

Got any knuckle sandwiches? Trying to lay off the pastry.

cynic-al
    Free Member

HEH ton no I know you’re a big teddy bear underneath the Vinney Jones act.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve been on bike forums for 10+ years too. Never been threatened with violence. Maybe you need to think about what you’re posting…

Smurf Matt – nice enough guy I’m sure just has the online character of a 5 year old at the slightest provocation and an amusingly obvious inferiority complex.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s just been busy. Obviously his boss is having Christmas off to look after the kids.

GW
    Free Member

clubber – the problem is more that I do think about what I post 😉

clubber
    Free Member

No, they’re equal partners even though it was his wife’s company 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Surf Mat: I don’t agree with what he was saying about activating the brake lights, surely giving a false indication of your intention to other road users puts you, them & pedestrians at risk (no matter how close they are to your bumper) but was it worth the bestowing of tags etc… Upon his character? The driving argument could have continued without name calling.

I can see why his posts rub people up the wrong way, but it’s obvious he has some issues with acceptance and self esteem. He seems to care a great deal about family and I respect him for that.

Xylene
    Free Member

He seems to care a great deal about family and I respect him for that.

Until he causes an accident by dabbing his brake lights…..

rOcKeTdOg

emsz – Member
    Ton when you flounced of melhworld did they notice? Had a look at it a couple of nights ago. They are very…. Cliquey aren’t they?

i think i’m still banned, not been back to check

cynic-al – Member

They are very. . . . Cliquey aren’t they ?”

Not deliberately, it’s a small group of folk who have known each over in real life and online for years. New folk will get ribbed but if they have the right attitude they will be fine.

*chuckles*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suspect he didn’t go running to the mods when annoyed ‘cos if he had I think some of what I said to him would have got me modded if not banned

yossarian
    Free Member

He hasn’t deleted his account so doubt he’s gone for good. Just levitated back to the planet awesome to recharge.

I’ve never known anyone get so much shit, it probably penetrates the thickest skin after a while. When he first bounced onto the forum I delighted in winding him up but after he saw the funny side of the awesome thing I figured it was time to ease off. I think that others have kept on at him, a bit of an easy target really and borderline bullying in my book but that’s the interned for you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I thought we’d just claimed the Awesome thing as our own? Once equivalent to being labelled a ‘Stuart Baggs’ it’s now the height of cool!

AdamW
    Free Member

Look chaps, speaking as a gay man please note that ‘flounce’ and ‘mince’ are quite related but do have some differences. I feel, as a matter of public information that people should know the difference.

A mince is small steps, elbows to body with hands at about 25 degrees out from the front and about 80 degrees up, fingers out as if holding a handkerchief, eyes up towards the right.

A flounce, on the other hand is similar, small steps but much more side-to-side arm action. Eyes straight ahead.

At least that is what I was told when I joined. Dunno if it has changed since. 😀

On the other hand, surf-matt hasn’t really bothered me too much, so I don’t really have that much of an opinion. As most people (apart from severely nasty works) I wish him well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL@ adam!

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe teaching granny to suck eggs but having worked at Harrods and spent many a bored hour chatting to my many gay colleagues, I believe that a flounce is as described but with big theatrical steps, not small ones. YMMV 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8Qs-YZCjE[/video]

A flounce

tron
    Free Member

To be honest, a lot of rubbish is spouted on here – left foot braking is lethal, heel & toe will kill everyone in a 5 mile radius, you must wear a helmet to walk down the street / ride a bike etc.

To me there seems to be a bit of divide – people who ride bikes and include it as part of a vaguely greenish and leftish world view, and people who happen to like riding bikes. The two seem to spend a lot of time arguing…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

To me there seems to be a bit of divide ….

What about the idiots… the idiots that just like chatting about stuff an’ that, eh? What about us?

That’s it I’ve had enough… I’m going… going to make my tea. brb.

bunkbed
    Free Member

More to the point, whose gonna promote Luminous’s lights and remote switches now ?!
    😕

Harry_the_Spider

LOL @ Adam

At least that is what I was told when I joined.

Was there paperwork? Bloody red tape.

I find it a little sad when people feel that they have to leave. No matter how aggresive and unpleasant this place can be sometimes it is only a computer forum at the end of the day.

Harry_the_Spider

What about the idiots… the idiots that just like chatting about stuff an’ that, eh? What about us?

I’m in that club with you too Mr Yeti. AdamW could be too if he fills out all the forms.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Will Surf Matt return?’ is closed to new replies.