Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Will Surf Matt return?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Don Simon it’s a case of two wrongs not making a right. Giving a false signal to another driver is dangerous. Such as pressing the brake pedal just enough to appear to be braking while continuing at a steady pace.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Please don’t start all that argument up again. It was boring on the original thread, and it’s not going to have a positive conclusion really, is it? 🙁

duckman

I think he was a target.As soon as he joined,somebody else linked us on to a thread from BR and then posted on the chat forum to slag him off before the guy had even posted on here.That kind of smacks of bullying,agreed he did not do himself any favours,mind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrGrim

Who’s Surf Matt?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Somebody who made this forum just a little bit more interesting.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I bet you’re relieved about that…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well everyone adds their own little something to the forum, Woppit, and diversity is the spice of life or something. Mat added a bit more than others though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Nothing is ever 100% one persons fault though.

I think that is quite indicative of many of the problems in the ‘who can I blame?’ culture of the UK. Of course something can be 100% someone’s fault.
    I drink my company into bankruptcy, who’s fault is it apart from me? The brewery? The barman?

Be a man and accept resposibility. 🙄

Don Simon it’s a case of two wrongs not making a right.

Which I completely agree with to a point. Weapons as a form of deterent are equally wrong then? Using violence to protect you and yours from a violent attack is equally wrong? But Smurf-Matt was singled out as the devil himself in this particular witch hunt, and as you’ve said there were two wrongs, and the original wrong doer got off with a lot less comments, hence interweb bullying from a few on keyboard warriors on here.

I have, and will continue to dab the brakes for tailgaters if, and only if, I see what I think to be an animal or other object which might be a danger to me, (officer). So best make sure that if you do want to tailgate me, you have the cojones to accept responsibility for your irresponsible and dangerous driving unlike some.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I really don’t believe Surf matt got more stick than many others. The problem was he would dish it out but couldn’t take. I thought him a plonker and I am fairly sure he thought the same of me. So what.

He was bad for being absolutely dogmatic and for attacking others.

If you can’t take it don’t dish it out.

aracer
    Free Member

TJ – spot on, and there speaks a man who can take it (I challenge you to look for threads “bullying” TJ – shouldn’t be too hard as some have his name in the title – I’ve probably even been guilty myself).

Please don’t start all that argument up again. It was boring on the original thread, and it’s not going to have a positive conclusion really, is it?

Awww – I want to bully don simon, given he has a worse attitude than SM (at least SM had the sense to back off a little and change his position when he sensed others disagreed with him).

the original wrong doer got off with a lot less comments

The “original wrongdoer” wasn’t on the thread – it is surely a given on here that tailgating is wrong, and given nobody was defending it there was nobody to argue with. Just because you share the same misguided ideas about driving with SM doesn’t mean he was right, or that we’re all mean and evil for telling him he’s wrong.

chakaping
    Free Member

Said by someone who’s never experienced it……

That’s a bit of an assumption isn’t it?

Personally I don’t think I’ve ever crossed swords with Mr SurfMat, because so many other people were rowing with him – and I’m not one for bandwagons.

But the internet is a bit like real life in that way. If somebody is being a dick, others will try to moderate his/her behaviour by taking the mickey or arguing with him/her.

I haven’t seen anything I’d call bullying – and anyone who thinks his treatment on STW was bullying must have led a bit of a sheltered life.

(disclaimer: I might have missed some horrible bullying. I haven’t read all of STW, and I now avoid motoring threads because they are often full of people like him, who are excessively sure of their own opinions)

donsimon
    Free Member

Just because you share the same misguided ideas about driving

🙄

Show me where I’m doing wrong. If I have to brake because I see a danger, this is surely correct driving?

Bullyme? Bring it on tiger!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    I love you M_F.
    There is nobody on here who I wouldn’t have a drink with.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

TBF it was a long time ago SbZ and, although you still have your opinions, you do seem to have kerbed it *a little*. maybe I’d buy you a half 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Feel the Love! 🙂

(Is emotional)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don’t worry – ’tis only because it’s Christmas – normal service will resume in January 😉

aracer
    Free Member

There’s a more important point here everybody’s missing – who’s kidnapped elf and replaced him with somebody laid back, friendly and mediating?

GW
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Well everyone adds their own little something to the forum, Woppit, and diversity is the spice of life or something. Mat added a bit more than others though.

Like what?

juan
    Free Member

I’ve had a têtê à têtê with Mat

Fixed that for you…Plus I wouldn’t bother with don simon he’s fruit and I claim my 5£.

I am not sure it’s bullying to be honest. He kinda look for it, giving the stick etc. If you can’t take it just don’t give it. And matt was happy to give it a lot…

M_F don’t worry I don’t drink alcohol 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with don simon he’s fruit and I claim my 5£

Better the fruit than the wine. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Isn’t wine made from fruit, though? 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t wine made from fruit, though?

Ah, but you have to know Don Simon to understand the difference. 😉

Northwind

duckman – Member

“I think he was a target.As soon as he joined,somebody else linked us on to a thread from BR and then posted on the chat forum to slag him off before the guy had even posted on here.”

Yeah, but everyone ignored that because fourcrossjohn is also a knob :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

“a number of folk can ‘t manage introversion , and
    look to externalise their own anxieties by
    attacking others . At first I found it amusing , then
    I started actually feeling sorry for some folk, one
    in particular . I concluded that I ‘d been a bit
    sadistic, and perhaps should have backed off
    sooner , as it became clear that one person was
    genuinely angry and wound up . It ‘s not nice to
    do that to others, and I regret the whole affair
    tbh .”

ha ha best laugh for a while Fred, thanks for that.

You were self confessed trolling (while trying to implicate others) and I told you to do one…of course it ends up being your psycho babble about me…you couldn’t make it up!

lazybike
    Free Member

5 pages, good on him.

grtdkad

You do all realise that he is out there, still, reading, watching you all, making notes….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

ha ha best laugh for a while Fred, thanks for that.

You’re welcome, Al. I do my best to please. 😀

I’m right though, and you know I am. I always am. 8)

(Saunters off whistling ‘In the hall of the Mountain King’ from Edvard Grieg’s ‘Peer Gynt’….)

soobalias
    Free Member

i like smurfmat, i want to know why he is blue.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, that sums it up nicely.

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Will Surf Matt return?’ is closed to new replies.