Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Will a Conti Baron Fit in a Reba Fork?
  • nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

I have a Rubber Queen 2.2 BC in my Reba RLT Dual Air forks at the moment – as it’s such a tall tyre, there isn’t much clearance between the centre tread and the fork brace but there’s just about enough to be comfortable with.

Given the very wet ground conditions at the moment, I’m thinking of trying a Conti Baron 2.3 BC on the front instead of the Rubber Queen. Before I buy, just wanted to check if anyone had any experience of fitting this tyre into a Reba fork in terms of clearance to the fork brace? Failing that, can anyone tell me how the Baron 2.3 compares to the Rubber Queen 2.2 in height? If the Baron 2.3 is the same height or less than the Rubber Queen 2.2 then it’ll be fine – if it’s the other way round I may need to re-think.

Thanks in advance – Stu.

djflexure

Yes, just put one on some 100 mm sids
    Its looks smaller than RQ if anything

Northwind

2.3 Baron’s a hair undersized- 2.28 across the knobs (on a decent size rim, though tbh it makes little difference) Height is averagey.

Won’t give you a huge amount of clearance though, but they tend not to pick up a huge amount of mud. If your local mud’s sticky you might have some issues though?

danielgroves
    Free Member

Yes, same lowers as the Revs I believe, and I’m running one fine through them. They definitely come up narrow compared to other tyres.

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – much appreciated. They’ll mostly be used where the mud isn’t too sticky so should be OK, especially as they shouldn’t pick up too much mud. Think I’ll order one and have a go now I know they’re no taller than the Rubber Queen.

Cheers – Stu

danielgroves
    Free Member

From my experience it’s worth paying the extra for a Black Chilli Baron over the standard compounds. They feel a lot nicer on the trail, particularly when you hit wet rock.

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Thanks Daniel – I’m with you completely on the Black Chilli flavour of Conti tyres – really don’t know how they can get the grip as good as it is but the wear rate so low. My RQ in BC compound hardly looks worn at the same mielage as I threw out my last Schwalbe. Grips miles better as well. Happy days 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Will a Conti Baron Fit in a Reba Fork?’ is closed to new replies.