Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Will 2018 RS Revelations 27.5+ Boost forks take 29 inch wheels?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Im not sure if these forks can take 29 wheels, does anyone know for sure? They’re marketed as 27.5 plus, which i think means they can fit a 29 inch wheels and i think the 29 plus model is intended for 29 plus tyres.

Im not running plus tyres – can anyone confirm for sure?

https://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-revelation-rc-debonair-boost-forks-275-2018-108225.html

Thanks

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes , what you say is correct , if they will take 27.5 plus then they will take 29 but not 29 + . Mind you the lines of what is a plus size are starting to get blurred with the current crop of 2.6 and 2.8 tyres .

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,

I believe Rockshox put it in their press release that all their 27.5 Plus Boost forks will also fit 29 inch wheels.

Running Reba’s Boost myself and using both wheel sizes.

Thanks,

Max

vincienup
    Free Member

Yes.  I’ve got Yaris in 27.5+ Boost on my 29er and a set of Yaris in 27.5 Boost (non plus) for my next build.  The plus ones take a 29er Vigilante 2.3 with so much clearance you’d struggle to clart it up.

The plus ones have a lot more clearance for a big tyre, but a 2.8 Trailblazer will fit acceptably into the non plus version although it’s much better for clearance on the sides than it is on the arch (where it’s not quite a little finger space)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Will 2018 RS Revelations 27.5+ Boost forks take 29 inch wheels?’ is closed to new replies.