Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Wilder v Fury – who’s watching it?
  • spacemonkey

Fury does indeed look true to his word re trying to catch Wilder with a big one.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Great first round for Tyson.

spacemonkey

Good finish to round 2.

spacemonkey

Certainly a more aggressive, but still measured, Fury tonight.

mehr
    Free Member

Holy Shit

spacemonkey

Wilder looks very out of sorts since the knockdown and one senses Fury might have to finish him in 2-3 rounds.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Wilder looks knackered!

spacemonkey

Wilder is *(&(ed.

mehr
    Free Member

out-boxed and out-foxed

spacemonkey

Wow, that was an absolute masterclass from the self-proclaimed GK.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Outstanding. Completely outclassed Wilder.

spacemonkey

I reckon AJ is bricking it right now. Nowhere to hide.

muggomagic

Well that was bloody good.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well! I tried the Twitch link but couldn’t get it to work (did anyone)? So listened as planned. Amazing result. 💪

leegee

Not pretty but effective. A 273 pound bloke is gong to take something amazing to stop. Just too big for Wilder

spacemonkey

Not pretty but effective.

Really? I thought that was pretty damn entertaining IMO. Wilder ran out of ideas in round 2 and Fury took complete control. Excellent execution from the big man.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I had a feeling it would be a great fight and that was totally deserved after everthing he’s been through, Wilder looked scared right from the start.

I reckon AJ is bricking it right now. Nowhere to hide

Unless Joshua chickens out it has to happen now, based on that performance Fury would destroy him!

mehr
    Free Member

Agreed, that was an absolute masterclass

Hopefully he ends the fraud thats Joshua soon

leegee

Entertaining but heavyweights and especially Fury looks cumbersome when compared with the smaller weight classes and he throws arm punches a lot.

muggomagic

Hopefully he ends the fraud thats Joshua soon

AJ is far from being a fraud. Before tonight I didn’t think AJ would beat either Wilder or Fury but think he’d definitely get the better of Wilder after that tonight. Wilder has gotten through so many of his fights with that one punch and his opponents tend to sit off and jab keeping clear of that right hand, but as fury said, after that knockdown in that last fight something clicked and he started walking him down and got the better of him in those last minutes, which is what he carried on doing tonight and Wilder looked pretty ordinary. AJ’s last fight with Ruiz he boxed clever so he’s definitely got the ability, but he’s just too rigid and I think Fury beats him all day long but you just never know with the heavyweights so let’s hope they can make that fight before Fury calls it a day so we can see if AJ is as good as Eddie Hearn thinks he is.

mehr
    Free Member

He never thought clever, he was shit scared of getting hit. Its only when he realised Ruiz was an absolute mess he tried to take the fight to him

Joshuas been manufactured for the Lad bantz generation by Eddie Hearn (he was born in the next town from me and theres a reason you never hear anything about his life pre boxing), he’s undoubtedly a good boxer but he’s Bruno levels.

muggomagic

He never thought clever, he was shit scared of getting hit.

If you say so. He learned from the first fight to keep Ruiz at arms length so kept him at distance by boxing smart. He’s won Olympic gold and beat one of the most dominant heavyweights of all time. He might not be Lennox Lewis and possibly be the 3rd best heavyweight at the moment, but that doesn’t make him a fraud.
    Anyway back to Wilder v Fury. Think tonight just shows what Fury is capable of. He beat Klitschko by jabbing and frustrating him to a points victory. This was a fighter taking it to his opponent rather than just trying to outpoint him.
    Fingers crossed Eddie Hearn means what he says in his tweets this morning.

theotherjonv

BBC just showed a clip from his press conference – for a bloke that spent best part of 20 minutes in a ring with a puncher like Wilder he looks untouched!

grim168
    Free Member

Full fight on YouTube.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

great fight and superb tactic by fury. Good body shots rather than head hunting of which Wilder could learn from.

Definitely something not right about Wilder tonight much like AJ. His corner were in disarray with even now are in two minds regarding throwing in the towel. He didnt look like he was ever going to see the fight to the end, looking tired before the end of the first round. The commentators mentioned that the lack of tactics from his corner but fair play to fury for going with what he suggested in the pre fight. Rematch will go the same way as Wilders number is up and hasnt shown much progression in changing his style over the last 5 fights. I wonder if Hearn will swerve Whyte again?

easily
    Free Member

Wow!

You know when you’re pleased to be proved absolutely wrong? I honestly didn’t think Fury had a chance. I thought Wilder would have learned from the first fight, and I thought it would be over by round 8 … well, at lest I got that bit right.

Well done Fury, a true champion.

easily
    Free Member

Unless Joshua chickens out it has to happen now, based on that performance Fury

It has to happen now? Are you new to boxing?

We have at least two years of rematches, warm-up fights, each boxer calling out the other and claiming they’ll fight anywhere, anytime – they’ll even do it for free! – but the other guy just won’t sign. Probably a couple of dates postponed as one or the other gets a training injury.
    Each fight you have as champ gets you another villa in Spain ar a Lexus RXL. There’s no way they’ll be facing each other any time soon.

mooman
    Free Member

Absolutely delighted to have been proved absolutely wrong with my prediction.

3rd fight now I guess. Wilder will not earn anywhere near as much fighting anybody else, and at 35yrs old and a loss like that I think he will just cash in … There is always a Joshua fight after another loss.

And to agree with above. Joshua is indeed a Bruno incarnation

johndoh
    Free Member

Wow, just watched it – his story will surely be made into a film one day. Stunning performance, almost flawless.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Wilder was finished after the 2nd round.

He suffered some kind of ear damage and had absolutely no balance.

Hope it’s not permanent damage.

If he’s OK I think a rematch would be interesting, I don’t think Fury would of dominated the way he did, if Wilder didn’t suffer that balance problem.

BoardinBob

I’ve been very critical of fury in the past but he was fantastic last night. Lineal champion and he know holds the WBC belt. He’s rare in the way that he can actually adapt his style and change up tactics and it looks as though the change of trainer was a smart move.

DezB
    Free Member

Excellent stuff! I called that 😊 well, what i got wrong is Wilder ‘forgotten’ how to fight, I don’t think he ever knew. He was awful in this one anyway and Fury took full advantage. Oroperly beat him up. Too much mauling for it to have been a great fight, and the ending was a bit flat… but it was intriguing.
    No way Joshua will be worried, he’ll be relishing getting properly motivated for a top opponent. Doubt he can beat Fury, but he’s another with the power to change things.

johndoh
    Free Member

He suffered some kind of ear damage and had absolutely no balance

I must admit I wondered this too – they talked about his ear bleeding and possible burst ear drum and he was properly all over the place.

And his corner… ‘Back him up, back him up’ before the 7th. Did they really have nothing else to offer than that?

damascus
    Free Member

@easily unfortunately I think you are spot on

Fury coming to the wwe before AJ fight.

mooman
    Free Member

There was a lot of blood coming from the ear; too much for a perforated ear drum for sure. I would guess it came from a cut towards top of the ear from what I seen.

But also got to agree Wilder was a shell from about the 3-4th round; his legs were everywhere. Not sure if that was similar to what we seen when Joshua went to bits after being floored by Ruiz; the nervous exhaustion of finding yourself hurt and floored?
    Wilder has always been ungainly in how he winds up his punches, so his footwork was never the best. But he was resting his arms on top rope at times as if he was totally knavkered, and his facial expression from the 3rd was that of a very uncomfortable and concerned person .. certainly not one expecting to win.

andylc
    Free Member

I’m not into boxing and didn’t watch the fight and therefore my opinion is largely invalid….but every time I see a picture of Tyson Fury I can’t quite believe he’s a world class athlete – he doesn’t look in the slightest bit toned or fit. Just big! I must obviously be wrong though…

revs1972
    Free Member

Damn, I had money on Wilder in the 7th (14/1) , and Fury in the 8th (40/1 !!!!).
    Shame he didn’t last one more round 😂

mooman
    Free Member

No you are not wrong; Tyson certainly does not look like the contemporary body beautiful athlete most expect boxers to be.
    But ultimately its natural fighting ability that prevails in boxing – look at Joshua v Ruiz in the first fight. And of course being fit also can have a big impact too – look at Joshua v Ruiz in the 2nd fight.

But if a big flabby guy is actually fit he will beat a body beautiful fit guy who does not have natural fighting ability.

Boxers in the lighter weights look chiselled because they typically boil down to make weight; they want every advantage to dont want to carry any excess weight. In the heavyweight division this is different; there is no weight limit, and if you can go 12rnds carrying an extra stone in weight then its a clear advantage.

gobuchul
    Free Member

No you are not wrong; Tyson certainly does not look like the contemporary body beautiful athlete most expect boxers to be.

I can’t believe how thin his legs look!

easily
    Free Member

Heavyweights often look like that. Not always: compare Holyfield – jumped up cruiserweight, cut like glass, to Lennox Lewis – who sometimes looked a bit doughy.

Once you’re past a certain weight you’re never going to be light on your feet or have much aerobic fitness, so at that point it can pay to put on the pounds. When you run out of puff at the end of a round you just lean on your opponent, who then has to support your weight as well as his.

… or at least it gives you that option. Despite looking like he’s come straight from a pie-eating contest Fury didn’t box like that last night, but if Wilder had been more aggressive Fury could have gone that way.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Wilder v Fury – who’s watching it?’ is closed to new replies.