Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Wilder v Fury – who’s watching it?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I very nearly paid and stayed up for the last fight (ended up watching it on the PPV replay on the Sunday after hearing the astonishing result) but I am very tempted to try to stick it out and stay up late this time.

I’d love to see Fury win it, but I do believe that Wilder will be better prepared this time around. Still, looking forward to it one way or the other…

RicB

I wasn’t in the least bit interested until I watched the program about the previous fight last night- now I’m very, very tempted to stay up!

Used to watch a lot of boxing years ago; Bruno, Holyfield,Tyson and then Naseem. Then just lost interest, mainly because everything was on at 3am

I think Fury will win

spacemonkey

4am ring walk really doesn’t appeal to me but I may make the effort. Couldn’t stand Fury in his formative years but find him (generally) quite endearing since starting his recovery.

w00dster

I’ll do the PPV catch up. Can’t see Fury doing it. Wilder isn’t great, but Fury just doesn’t seem to have the power to hurt decent heavy weights. Wilder in the 7th is my prediction.

DezB
    Free Member

I won’t watch live, but I might record it. I wasn’t going to, but then caught the IV prog about the last fight and it got my interest back up. I’d rather watch the lighter weights really, find them much better quality.
    I think Fury will win this time. Going by Wilder’s last performance, he seems to have forgotten how to box. However, as always, with boxing it’s the unpredictability that makes it interesting!

johndoh
    Free Member

I wasn’t in the least bit interested until I watched the program about the previous fight last night- now I’m very, very tempted to stay up!

I rewatched the last round yesterday (available on YouTube) and it remains bonkers, almost like a Rocky film.

Couldn’t stand Fury in his formative years but find him (generally) quite endearing since starting his recovery.

Agreed – if he wins, I’ll be supporting him against Joshua too.

djflexure

If anything Fury should be better this time and Wilder did look poor last time out – perhaps he wasn’t up for it.
    Should be decent
    Heart says Fury
    Head…

PrinceJohn

Is Tyson Fury still a homophobe?

I can’t keep up.

johndoh
    Free Member

Is Tyson Fury still a homophobe?

No idea and TBF it doesn’t matter to me. If we knew how every person in the public eye felt about every contentious subject we’d all spend a lot of time disliking people so I try to let it not bother me when I hear people airing their views.

chestrockwell

It’ll be similar to last time and if Fury can avoid Wilder’s huge shots he’ll win, probably on points. No chance Wilder out boxes Fury but as always he can knock out for fun.

mooman
    Free Member

To win Fury has to be at his best for the full 3 minutes of every one of the 12 rounds … whereas for Wilder to win he only needs to land with one punch anytime during the 12 rounds.

There is a valid argument to be made for any of them to win; both will be better than last time. Fury is fitter and got more rounds under his belt; Wilder will now know what to expect.

I think Wilder takes Fury out a lot easier than anybody is expecting this time; Before the 5th …. really hope I am wrong because I like Fury; the guy is bonkers.

andykirk
    Free Member

It’s interesting Fury saying he is going to knock Wilder out. I think this is all just hot air designed to confuse the Wilder camp. Fury almost beat him last time using his movement and superior boxing skills so I can’t see him changing that formula.

As for who wins, it could go either way but I think Fury was lucky to avoid a big right as long as he did in the last fight.

Whatever happens it will be entertaining, you can always guarantee that with Fury.

edhornby

Whoever wins this fight can they please fight Joshua instead of dodging like a load of boys in a playground

mooman
    Free Member

edhornby

Subscriber
    Whoever wins this fight can they please fight Joshua instead of dodging like a load of boys in a playground

Feeble and lazy Troll post. 1/10

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t rate Joshua at all – he’s easily (and only just) the third best in this division.

johndoh
    Free Member

To win Fury has to be at his best for the full 3 minutes of every one of the 12 rounds … whereas for Wilder to win he only needs to land with one punch anytime during the 12 rounds.

but it didn’t work out like that last time. Fury is one hell of a mover considering he’s knocking on 7ft tall.

ctk
    Free Member

I think that MASSIVE cut Fury got last time out may be an issue.

Wilder to win imo. Happy either way tbh- I like them both and want to see the unification bout asap

mooman
    Free Member

johndoh

but it didn’t work out like that last time.

I know – He got tagged and dropped twice; thats why he still not the champion.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

To start with I thought I’m not paying that much to watch it I’ll just find it somewhere to watch the day after but I reckon I might get up to watch it now.

I think it’s got the potential to end up being one of those fights you need to see live and I don’t want to risk hearing the result before I’ve watched it.

It’s interesting Fury saying he is going to knock Wilder out. I think this is all just hot air designed to confuse the Wilder camp

I’m not sure, I thought I’d seen him say he doesn’t want to risk trying to win on points as theres no way he’ll get the decision in America which is understandable after last time.

I want Fury to win but it’s only going to take a brief lapse in concentration (which if he’s trying to knock Wilder out could happen) for Wilder to get one of those big punches in. It’s nearly impossible to predict the winner of this one.

`

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Fury will do what he always does, outboxes them and wins on points. He did that last time, basically, unless you think it was draw.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

To me the question is basically “can Fury avoid getting caught by a big punch for 12 full rounds?“ and I don’t think he’ll be able to. Somewhere along the line he’ll get caught and I don’t think it’ll be that far into the fight.

Hope I’m wrong though.

MSP

Fury has a tendency to show some skill then showboat and gloat about what he has just done. I think he has to take those moments more seriously in this fight,he has to overwin to take the title off an American in America, and the best way to do that is when he shows some skills, positions Wilder or tricks him into falling in, stick him with a hard punch instead of throwing a extra shimmy and soft jab. He is a master at setting them up, but never delivers the killer blow.

Wilder is almost exactly the opposite, which is why it is such an intriguing fight. I just don’t see him imposing a game plan on the fight, he never has had to box before, I can’t see him creating the openings he needs, he just has to rely on them happening, which they will unless Fury can damage him.

So if Fury is true to his word and has worked on his power, but still goes 99% the same game plan as last time with a few more powerful punches when he has maneuvered Wilder into position, then I think Fury will take him. If the power is just bluff, then I think Wilder will take it.

convert

Happy either way tbh- I like them both and want to see the unification bout asap

This is me. I’ve warmed to them both over the last couple of years. A unification match would seem only reasonable. The man with 3 of the 4 belts is beginning to feel increasingly irrelevant unless he is up against one of these two soon.

MSP

When Wilder and Fury first fought, they struggled to sell tickets for a 20,000 seater stadium, while Joshua had been selling out stadiums with 120.000 crowds. At least the winner of this one will be more honestly able to demand an even purse split than previously without it looking like an excuse.

binners

My cousin is there. Ringside seats. God only knows how much he payed for them.

He’s had cancer, had a tough time of it, and has just been given the all clear after all the chemo. This Is how he’s celebrating 🙂

Garry_Lager

Reckon Wilder takes it – just think he will have taken a lot of confidence from the last fight with Fury not really being able to hurt him. He must know himself he’s fought no one, and was actually quite nervous in their last fight on that account. A more relaxed Wilder not trying to force an opening spells trouble for Tyson.

mooman
    Free Member

Theres a good Sky interview on Youtube with Furys father and David Haye … HERE

Haye looks very uncomfortable being with John Fury … then again I would be to if I had to say that his son was going to lose in front of him!

binners

Subscriber
    My cousin is there. Ringside seats. God only knows how much he payed for them.

Friend of mine got ringside seats too … apparently £2.5K – £10k if you got them early; very much more the last few weeks.

endomick
    Free Member

I just can’t see Tyson knocking Wilder out, his gloves seem to crumple like theres no hands in there, he just needs to stay laser focused like AJ against Ruiz, no showboating and flicking his tongue at Wilder like last time, it got so annoying I couldn’t wait for him to hit the deck. He really let’s himself down when he starts with that childish crap. Hopefully he’s worked on his punching power and hits like a 6’9″ 270+ pounder should.
    Winner has to fight AJ late summer, no excuses.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ll be watching before my early morning local loop.

Fingers crossed Fury can go the distance and nick it on points.

toomba
    Free Member

Going to set my alarm- anybody know what time is it startin?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Some say 4am, some say 5am.

I’ll be up at 4am as I’ve had to buy online via BT to watch on Sky Q as I don’t have BT Sports so I can’t record the fight, yet.

🙄

Caher

Classic boxer v puncher, maybe like Hagler Leonard. Fury could win if he keeps away from those haymakers. Pretty Jean on a morning ride so I’ll have watch later.

pondo

Fury ain’t no Leonard… 🙂 I think it comes down to who learned the most last time round.

Caher

Fury ain’t no Leonard… 🙂 I think it comes down to who learned the most last time round.

Agree, his like will not be seen for some time. I was just using an example of a boxer v puncher.

johndoh
    Free Member

I so want to watch it but we have had an expensive year with a child in therapy with serious anxiety issues so we have spent some £5,000 over the last year supporting her. Gonna be the radio.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Just coughed up to watch it on BT and set my alarm for 4am so it better be good 😂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Hope your daughter starts to feel better soon johndoh, my youngest daughter went through the same last year but came out the other side a lot stronger for it.

I often get up at 5am but 4am feels way too early!

mehr
    Free Member

2 coffees deep already, its going to be a long day.

@johndoh
    and anyone else needing a stream itll be up here Stream at the moment this ones the best Fight

mehr
    Free Member

Legendary entrance

spacemonkey

Morning peeps

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Wilder v Fury – who’s watching it?’ is closed to new replies.