Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wife’s road bike stolen, what replacement?
  • james-rennie

Wife’s bike was stolen on Sunday, was locked to a rack in Twickenham high street.
    She’s out on it 3 or 4 times a week, so she’s very keen to replace as soon as possible, and home insurance have said they’ll pay out.
    The essential requirements are; less than £2k, endurance/sportive road bike (road-ish gravel bike?), Shimano kit, and available now.
    Nice-to-have requirement; suitable for mudguards.
    She’s not fussed whether it’s women specific or not.
    Any suggestions?

dc1988

No specific suggestions but I’ve seen a lot of barely used 2nd hand bikes for sale recently, I think people bought them in the first lockdown then realised they didn’t like cycling that much. You might get a bargain or much higher spec than you’d hoped for.

sandwicheater

Giant Defy 3, slightly over budget (£2100) but available in S & M.

james-rennie

dc1988 I agree, and if it was me doing the shopping I’d be after a 2nd hand bike. However Mrs is insistent that it’s brand new.
    In other news the police have just been on the phone to her asking for any other identifying things on the bike, and they told her there were 11 bike thefts reported in Twickenham town centre on Sunday afternoon. Eleven!

iainc

I was about to post up that i am selling a 5 ride old medium Giant Contend AR with Shimano 105 and muddies for half your budget, though in Glasgow, but then saw you need brand new…

hey ho !

Daffy

Titus Roadrunner?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wife’s road bike stolen, what replacement?’ is closed to new replies.