Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Whyte 2017- any more info?
  • cokie

I know the trade display was the other day.
    Some photos and specs of the bikes have trickled out, mainly the 905 HT and T130.

Mainly interested in what’s new for the T129 and G160 for ’17.
    I was wondering if anyone has any more information?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I think it’s the 2017 G160 my LBS have put a little video clip of on Facebook here

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154235928150030&id=225880225029

Not seen anything from them about the 29ers yet

cokie

Thanks very much RB!
    Exactly what I was after. The should be easy to N+1 the green G160, seeing as it’s the same colour as my T129!

I wonder when this will be officially released.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I will see Tim (who posted the video) on tonight’s ride from the shop so will ask about availability if I remember.

cokie

That would be awesome, thanks Rb!

lawman91

Should be filtering onto the site in the next few weeks, got my order in for a 2017 T130C RS yesterday, can’t wait!! 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

Wheelbase manager said G160 coming better spec’d and with a price hike, other models largely unchanged.

mst
    Free Member

I was in Leisure Lakes Cheltenham on Sunday and they had a couple of 2017 T-130’s.

I bought the RS Alloy, so there’s only 1 left. Not sure on spec/size but it had a Yari fork.

variflex
    Free Member

LBS has the top spec T130 carbon in stock….lurvely, but the eagle 50t cassette looks like a dinner plate…its massive!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I forgot about this, didn’t get any clue on when what was turning up but they did have a T130 with eagle groupset in the shop. More coming as and when? I’ve got so used to 42 sprockets the 50 didn’t even look all that outrageous

cokie

Thanks all.
    I went to LBS and found out a fair bit more.
    The FB video above summarizes it well.
    G160 is going to come in 3 models, with varying spec; 1×11, Yari & dropper= £2400, Eagle, Pike & dropper=£3000, Eagle, Pike, dropper & carbon bits= £4000.

Looks like they have a great lineup of bikes now to cover everything.
    Importantly, the T129 has got more mud clearance!

No carbon versions on the T129 or G160 though 😥

z1ppy

Importantly, the T129 has got more mud clearance!

Mud or tyre clearance??

andywoodall
    Free Member

I thought 2017 info would come pouring out after the dealer preview the other week but since then theres been nothing but the odd comments on social media.

Any info on the 905 RS?

andywoodall
    Free Member

New 901 looks rather good, more bike tart than last years with its black and green. Nice, very nice.

Found some specs on a bike shop for the 2017 905 RS, looks like the dropper has increased to 125mm travel and the much tidier cable routing as seen on the rest of the range.

I’ve got one on order so looking forward to that. Hope it rides as good as people say.

stwhannah
    cokie

Hero!
    Why have Whyte been so slow to update their site?

PJM1974
    Free Member

They look nice. More than a hint of Specialized Stumpjumper about the frames too.

andywoodall
    Free Member

cokie if you look they’ve updated some of the bike range pages without putting them on the ‘New Arrivals’ bit. I’d been wondering about the 900 range until I randomly clicked in there and realised all the 2017 info is in there.

No info from Whyte on shipping for the hardtails.

Looking at the 905 specs the dropper has changed from a KS to a ‘JD’ dropper post, not one I’ve heard of.

postierich
    Free Member

still persevering with the terrible internal cable routing on the swing arm!!!

cokie

Thanks Andywoodall- I spotted that a couple days ago.
    Why they wouldn’t update social media or their home page, I don’t know.
    Lovely lineup though!

splorer

I will admit that I have not seen one in the flesh, but the standover of Whytes as quoted on the site seems very little relative to the size of frame. Are they accurate?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 2017- any more info?’ is closed to new replies.