Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • why was i sooo tired today??
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all

im after some advice on bike fitness.

i went out last week with a bunch of lads on here and done a loop round the wyre forest of 16 miles, i was knackerd by the end but felt ok , didn’t get off on the climbs and managed to keep up( sort of!!)

today i went out and we did a 20 mile loop and i was blowing big style all the way round, to the point where i was worried the others would get fed up of waiting for me.

i was last up all th climbs and started to walk a couple.

it also affected my concentration a bit as i was so tired.(hollow legs!)and i started to make some mistakes n the single track

by the end of the ride i was so tired that i got the shakes .!!! Sad

now the only difference between the two rides was that last weeks started at 10 and this weeks at 8

admittedly i didn’t sleep well last night as id been to a BBQ in the evening and had a few beers etc.

im also very overweight at 18 stone nd 6 foot tall.

what d you think is the reason i was ball bagged today t hen ??

And waht is the best way to improve my bike fitness so i don’t get left behind!!

cheers

steve

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just cycle more, go out and do some 20 milers on your own maybe after work, perhaps even on road if its easier. That way you’ll get used to riding 20miles and you wont be knackered when you go riding with your mates.

Fen_Downhill
    Free Member

I was 17 stone 5’10” and I’ve had to loose weight since finding out I’m diabetic, and I can tell you it has made a hell of a difference to my fitness and riding. Just give up the cake, chips, curry n coke.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The beer the night before might be the reason. You liver is trying to get rid of the alcohol so can’t do the glucose metabolism stuff? Not enough to eat? dehydrated?

Ride more

BluePalomino
    Free Member

im also very overweight at 18 stone nd 6 foot tall

There’s the core of your problem – being overweight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘why was i sooo tired today??’ is closed to new replies.