Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why is it always skip lorries that kill people?
  • brakes
    Free Member

is it the drivers? is it the vehicle?
    there seems to be a number of deaths caused by skip lorries
    these are just two possibles, but I recall lots of similar stories

Number 1
    Number 2

Gary_C

If you read the news report ref Number 2,it looks like the single deck bus,NOT the skip lorry was the vehicle responsible.

tails
    Free Member

cos all lorry drivers are seedy perverts and/or rapists

gecko76

Are dumper trucks the same as skip lorries, or just equally bad?

One from last year.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I work on a site where there are loads of lorry accidents. there was a biggy today as one lorry pulled over, another drove right into it, no skid marks, doing well over 40mph. End result, air ambulance, fire brigade and cutting equipment. Not good then.

last month a lorry drove into a ditch off a straight tarmac road with a 15mph speed limit on it, WTF? and a few days before that one fell over after tipping.

They drive as fast as they can whenever they can because most of them (tipper lorry drivers I’m on about) are thick as pig sh1t ignorant feckers. Female tipper lorry drivers are fine, if a bit on the ugly side though and some companies are steadily working this out.

Sorry for my bluntness but its all true.

mudpup
    Free Member

Skip drivers work mostly on bonuses per run hence drive like BMW owners most of the time – although without the fog lights.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

thick as pig sh1t ignorant feckers

They’re not that stupid, them skip drivers. They always seem to know when I’m late for work and somehow find a completely impractical place along my route to drop off a skip. Invariably it requires them to make about 20 attempts at reserving, and lots of getting in and out of the cab to check exactly where the skip going to be dropped. Of course all traffic in both directions always has to come to a complete halt.

Naturally they never do it when I’m in no rush and have plenty of time to get to work – clever ****.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder how much fuel and CO2 emissions we’d save nationally if all lorry drivers/van drivers didn’t flog their vehicles as hard as they can all the time…

Sandwich

Paid by tonnage,load moved bonus scheme means they are always in a rush. I suspect that there will be a HSE prosecution under the new Health and Safety Offences Act in due course and a manager will be jailed along with the driver.

ton

i agree with coolhandluke.

MrNutt
    Free Member

skip lorries don’t kill people, people kill people

project
    Free Member

it looks as if the small bus (optare) has come out of the side road, causing the skip lorry to swerve, into the oncomeing double decker, youll also note two seriously injured, this would correspond to the missing front window of the double decker, as seat belts are not fitted to stage carrige vehicles, ones that stop at bus stops as opposed to coaches, so there is nothing to stop pasengers being ejected from the front windows.
    Deepest sympathy to the dead drivers family, and the injured people.

ton

2 well known skip companies in leeds.
    the driver drive like they were taught on the dodgems.
    seriously bad drivers imho.
    i have threated to wrag a couple out of their cabs in the past…

brakes
    Free Member

apologies if the blame lies elsewhere for one of the articles I pointed out – I was just a bit incensed when I read it

a company I used to work for set up an incentive scheme which rewarded the drivers of skip lorries who didn’t damage their vehicles after a spate of them being driven into ditches and the sides of buildings – all seemed a bit arse-about-tit to me

I see maybe one skip driver a week racing around like a lunatic during rush hour – I guess it’s the skip hire companies who should be held accountable for their dangerous incentive schemes and not the labotomised idiot drivers who don’t know any better

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

skip lorries don’t kill people, people kill people

Very true, and the leader of the National Skipdrivers Association said, quote :

“I’ll give you my skip when you take it from my cold, dead hands!”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why is it always skip lorries that kill people?’ is closed to new replies.