Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why Fatbike? (film)
  • summittoppler
    Free Member

I’ve put a little film together to show why I love riding fatbikes so much.
    Have a look and see what you think…

tillydog
    Free Member

Ooh, I was hoping it was you when I saw the thread title!

Will watch on a proper screen later.

bonni

I’m fatbike-curious, so very much enjoyed that. Thanks.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Cheers guys! A fatbike offers you so much more when it comes to route planning

cookeaa

Nope, still not convinced by fat bikes.
    Some picturesque locations though…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nope, still not convinced by fat bikes.

It’s a cry for help….

tillydog
    Free Member

Nice one, Jeff.

“If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you won’t understand it with an explanation”

40mpg

Enjoyed that, thanks!

Lionheart
    Free Member

Excellent! Great little film. Only a Fatty here, so a 3/4 Fat Bike. Loved mine on snow but haven’t seen any for three years, yet to take on sand but it’s great fun on hard pack and especially the local DH tracks.

plus-one

I’m sorry I feel bike company’s devised fat bikes to show how gullible bike bods are 🙁

thesquaredog
    Free Member

Nice film that. Some cracking scenery too.

Only had my fat bike for four months and have not taken it to the beach yet and have only ridden it on a sprinkling of snow.

Most of my riding is in the local loamy woods and I think it’s brilliant for that type of riding to be honest. Love the way it climbs too. Now use it for 95% of my riding despite having a decent full suspension trail bike too.

Summittoppler, do you have any route maps of some of those rides that you could share?

Stu

LAT

I’m sorry I feel bike company’s devised fat bikes to show how gullible bike bods are

I see where you’re coming from, but I think you are confusing fat bikes with boost axle spacing and 27.5.

more seriously, fat biking outside of snowy places is a pretty tight niche but they weren’t invented to make sales.

LAT

I’ve just watched your film summit topple. It’s good to watch. The bike packing shots are idyllic.

The answer to the question in the title for me is, “because we have snow on the ground 7 months in a year.” While I’m anxious for the summer to show signs of arriving and to get on my mountain bike,  this is a great time for a fat bike. The trails are smooth and grippy, all the roots and rocks are smoothed over and big, chunky tyres just grip and grip.

I’ve promised myself that this summer I’ll ride my fat bike in the dust. Before then it’s going to be freeze-thaw, ice and studs.

fat bikes are great!

kayak23

It’s easy to fall into the trap of focussing on performance in a given terrain when questioning the why of fatbikes.

For me it’s not about how good it is in this terrain or that terrain. It’s that it’s ridiculous. 😅 I love that it’s ridiculous.

I’ve got 3 other mountainbikes, all fantastic, but the fatty somehow just makes me smile more. It’s an amazingly capable bike. Will climb up anything that my legs can drive it up, hilarious fun on fast,techy descents where it’s like kicking a basketball down a stairwell.

It’s my go-to bike for xc riding. I’m not looking for optimum performance. Just to have a nice time, and the fatbike does that really well.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Summittoppler, do you have any route maps of some of those rides that you could share?

No sorry, but most were shot here in Snowdonia, with some from Isle of Jura, Lewis and the black sands of Iceland.

It’s my go-to bike for xc riding. I’m not looking for optimum performance. Just to have a nice time, and the fatbike does that really well.

That pretty much sums up fat biking 🙂

Thanks for the positive vibes guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why Fatbike? (film)’ is closed to new replies.