Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Why do so many people split up?
  • hora
    Free Member

No offence to binners but me and him were sat in a pub recently and we BOTH looked like 40yr old men wearing skateboard-esque clothing from head to foot.

I also hadn’t shaven for a while.

Imagine non-cycling female partner sat in jogpants/10yr old tshirt and greasy hair? Attractive.

jimster01

Kirk from sales?

Who could resist?

gogg
    Free Member

Imagine non-cycling female partner sat in jogpants/10yr old tshirt and greasy hair?

I feel a stirring in my loins…

😉

emsz
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll wash my hair, don’t go on!

trackie bottoms are comfy, it’s either those or the pink PJ’s.

hora
    Free Member

I had a real thing for Sheridan Smith in Two Pints of Lager…woof!

grum
    Free Member

I think there’s definitely an element of instant gratification culture and being sold an impossible dream/taught to constantly be unsatisfied by advertising etc.

Been with my wife for 18 years (33 now) and you can’t help wondering how things might have turned out differently sometimes – but in general it’s great. Think you do have to make a conscious effort to keep things fresh/interesting.

No kids to complicate matters though!

hora
    Free Member

Thats another thing, just because everyone around you is having kids DONT feel like you have to conform.

and you can’t help wondering how things might have turned out differently sometimes

I’ve been out with a better looking girl. I’ve been out with a girl with bigger boobs and blue eyes.

However they didn’t have what held my attention. You can’t quantify that can you? A keeper.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

As c_g so wisely said, plus…

Thats another thing, just because everyone around you is having kids DONT feel like you have to conform.

… tell that to the one you’re with.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

And I suspect there’s something related to moving away from home to study and work, thereby losing family support.

hora
    Free Member

I have. Do you really want one? Well I don’t want to get to an age when its too late.

Do you?

Then, everyone is having two- you don’t want your son to grow up lonely do you?

Passive brainwashing.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

It wasn’t aimed at you personally, just tacked onto your comment.

kayak23

hora has made a good point about not making any effort with clothes, I reckon we should all take that on board.

I often get home, throw a pair of shorts on and a sweatshirt….

Kill two birds?

cinnamon_girl

As c_g so wisely said, plus…

Chuckles to herself. 😀

Are parents becoming less of a role model these days? Without wishing to sound like the old girl I really am, stuff like divorce was only beginning to happen in the 60’s and without shame attached to it.

How many of you ‘younger’ folk have had traditional upbringings, ie both parents living together?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

and you can’t help wondering how things might have turned out differently sometimes

I’ve been out with a better looking girl. I’ve been out with a girl with bigger boobs and blue eyes.

However they didn’t have what held my attention. You can’t quantify that can you? A keeper.

In other news, Hora released this album last week.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLaglAD4iG0[/video]

miketually
    Free Member

How many of you ‘younger’ folk have had traditional upbringings, ie both parents living together?

Just to inject some positivity and happiness into this thread:

My mam and dad are still happily married. Both sets of my grandparents also stayed together until death they did part. Same for my wife’s parents and grandparents. I’m 36.

Of our best friends, none of their parents are divorced and they themselves are married and undivorced.

I think there’s something to be said for the idea of marriage and divorce as a meme. We were the first of our social circle to get married, at 21 and 22, but lots of our friends got married very soon afterward at relatively young ages. (It’s our 15th wedding anniversary in August, but we’ll have been together for 23 years in June.)

hora
    Free Member

slowoldgit – Member – apologies I posted my post below yours as a convo I had with my missus too 🙂 I didn’t make it clear

binners

No offence to binners but me and him were sat in a pub recently and we BOTH looked like 40yr old men wearing skateboard-esque clothing from head to foot.

I also hadn’t shaven for a while.

Its a fair point. When I had my own business it was even worse. Most days I’d ride into the office in my baggies and t-shirt, and just slob about in them all day. Making an effort would mean not being covered in mud. If you’re working from home its even worse than that. Do it for more than a couple of days running I end up looking like a homeless person who’s squatting in the house.

I really should make more of an effort. Maybe a shirt? And a new cap

johndoh
    Free Member

If I was a Kirk I’d be keeping me head down for 48hrs.

I think he has been doing too much of that already, that’s how it all started.

hora
    Free Member

Why do people split up?

Because the sexual manglue is applied less and less until debonding occurs..

gogg
    Free Member

Because the sexual manglue is applied less and less until debonding occurs..

That’s priceless!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

hora – no worries mate.

My peer group were mostly having their first child in their thirties*. And that’s nearly thirty years ago. I wonder if it’s significant. How do today’s couples compare?

*At the time there were thirty-year-olds and late teens in the maternity wards.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I’m leaving you (for him/her) because I just want to be happy.”

hora
    Free Member

If the sex is once a week or less?

Houston we have a problem

miketually
    Free Member

My peer group were mostly having their first child in their thirties*. And that’s nearly thirty years ago. I wonder if it’s significant. How do today’s couples compare?

*At the time there were thirty-year-olds and late teens in the maternity wards.

When we had our kids, most of the women my wife made friends with were a good few years older and (mid-20s) were an oddity. At the same time we were expecting our first, four other colleagues were also expectant fathers; all older than us.

BigJohn

hora – Member
    I had a real thing for Sheridan Smith in Two Pints of Lager…woof!

I assume you’ve seen the episode of Benidorm…

Euston we have a problem.

MoreCashThanDash

If the sex is once a week or less?

Hmmm, 18th March……long time till next Christmas…..

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Why do so many people split up?’ is closed to new replies.