• This topic has 115 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Why do Scots people go sick at Xmas?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Ha! I don’t wear clogs.

Sorry…….I hope you weren’t offended.

I seriously thought, obviously, that all Northerners enjoyed clog dancing.

EDIT : All Scots are tight-fisted, right? Please don’t tell me they’re not otherwise I’ll never know what to believe again.

househusband

Many moons ago I was having a light-hearted argument with a fellow apprentice, a lad from Doncaster;

Him: “Do you want to have a fête about it?”

Me: “A fête… you mean like a village garden party?”

It was funny at the time.

poah
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

scotroutes: are you genuinely getting upset about a bad pun in a Scottish accent?

I am, it was a pish joke.

shermer75
    Free Member

Over twenty years old and still makes me chuckle:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxFqv1QDI3Q[/video]

scotroutes

Just like all Irish are thick, all Welsh shag sheep and all English are fascist ****. Who else can we have a go at, Germans, Italians, Jews, Arabs, Negroes?

DezB
    Free Member

was this the racist bit?

theyr’e

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Welsh don’t shag sheep? WTF?!?!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Nothing like an argument over nothing with strangers on the internet to put you in a festive mood eh? 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Which begs the question – who Mods the Mods?

Indeed, the hammer hit me for much less than Dracs comments on cash and Graham shows that it (perspiration) isnt even racist anyway!! Such is the inconsistency of isms and ists!!

Any way, nae bother just go and peel some more parsnips and tatties – my next job!!

In the spirit of the thread – what does the Italian war flag look like

(white cross on a white background – I will pick up essels’ coat and get on with the veg)

funkmasterp

I’m offended by the people being offended by the bad jokes. What does that me? Can I report myself? I’m from West Yorkshire originally if that helps.

Story – worked with a Liverpudlian who used to get really offended by all the stereotypes. He got sacked for stealing. Now that was funny.

Drac

Well you’ve certainly hit on the English thank God I’m Northumbrian.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A Scotsman, Englishman and Welshman walked in a pub. The landlord looked up and said, “is this some kind of joke?”

Drac

Indeed, the hammer hit me for much less than Dracs comments on cash and Graham shows that it (perspiration) isnt even racist anyway!! Such is the inconsistency of isms and ists!!

I’ve just checked. You were banned for you consistent trolling.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thats not what the email said – but never mind, carry on its Xmas!

Drac

I read the email.

shermer75
    Free Member

Q: What do you call an Irishman in a room full of books?

A: A librarian you **** racist

tomhoward

Just like all Irish are thick, all Welsh shag sheep and all English are fascist ****. Who else can we have a go at, Germans, Italians, Jews, Arabs, Negroes

Jimmy Carr, on one of his dvds, gets asked what the worst/most offensive joke he knows is (calm down, I’m not going to type it here) which he tells and a race and a terrible event in history is mentioned but the joke is a play on a phrase, and the race is not the butt of the joke, and then goes on to say that it is very much the intent of the joke, rather than the words themselves that are the offensive bit. Reg hunter has a similar view, saying there are 2 types of racism, only one of which is offensive. There’s the jokes/ribbing about stereotypes, accents etc, then there’s people missing out on jobs or benefits, getting shot by police etc. Which do you think he sites as the one to pay attention to?

Drac

Which do you think he sites as the one to pay attention to?

Oooh oooh! Do we ask Securty Officers about this?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Reg hunter has a similar view, saying there are 2 types of racism, only one of which is offensive.

The person who really popularised in British culture the comedy stereotype that Irishmen are a bit daft/simple was Dave Allen. Who was of course himself 100% Irish.

legend
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Nothing like an argument over nothing with strangers on the internet to put you in a festive mood eh?

There’s an arguement? I thought it was just the terminally offended being terminally offended?

tomhoward

THM

Sure it’s not the French war flag? What with them being ‘cheese eating surrender monkeys’* an’ all?

*according to grounds keeper Willy. He wasn’t French, was he?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Indeed, the hammer hit me for much less than Dracs comments on cash and Graham shows that it (perspiration) isnt even racist anyway!!

There is a difference between a comment which obviously intended to be a joke, and shouldn’t be taken seriously, and repeatedly, and incessantly, using the term “sweaty sock” when arguing with someone in a deliberate attempt to taunt and ridicule them.

I HTH, although I doubt it will…….for someone who claims to have reached high levels of academic achievement you appear to struggle when it comes to understanding the simplest of concepts.

Or at least you use the schoolboy tactic of feigning “what did I say wrong?” because you think everyone else is stupid. Which TBF makes you look rather daft.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A crap prison joke about Scottish people, especially for esselgruntfuttock

Did you hear about the lonely , Scottish prisoner?

He was in his cell.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I HTH, although I doubt it will…….for someone who claims to have reached high levels of academic achievement you appear to struggle when it comes to understanding the simplest of concepts.

Immensely, we are blessed to have you helping out on simple concepts. Thank you Ernie. Merry Christmas too.

km79
    Free Member

Anti-Scottish jibes and names are allowed on this forum, even when reported. Call a fanny a fanny though and you get a ban.

Suck my sweaty scotch balls ya bunch of fannies!

matt_outandabout

What did Adam day tomorrow?
    It’s Christmas, Eve.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

‘sake. No issue from me Drac. If we can’t laugh at ourselves then who can we laugh at?

I know the answer to this one… It’s the……

martinhutch

Is this the official STW Christmas arguing thread? Almost looks like the mods hung it out like flypaper to gather all the usual suspects into a single place during the festivities.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we are blessed to have you helping out on simple concepts

I don’t know if you were using the “royal we” but I think it’s probably just you who needs help with simple concepts.

Most people with average intelligence would have no problem at all understanding the intent behind the repeated, and incessant, use of the term “sweaty sock” when arguing on a thread about Scottish independence.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It must be Christmas, you are being too generous Ernie. Enough, save some for tomorrow please. No spuds to peel?

on exit and in the spirit of the thread

Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ooohhh Mods are racist!

And…the Pope is Catholic!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It must be Christmas, you are being too generous Ernie.

You think I’m only generous at Christmas ?

The christian spirit of love and generosity runs through my veins throughout the year.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Presented with a field full of highland cows, which one is going on holiday?

The one with the wee calf.

Yon’s no jist a chip some o ye huv oan yer shooders but the fu haggis supper wie a glass cheque in yer pokit.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My thread has never had so much attention since I got the M62 lanes mixed up.

Anyway, as you’ve obviously realised it was a shit joke which was a play on words with the hope of getting a groan & a smile.

For the record, I wish I was Scottish & lived in Scotland. 🙂

Lol @ Squirrel!

gordimhor

Essel You’re ruining any chances you had on the thread killer thread

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That’s a different thread though.

*goes to check*

perchypanther
    Free Member

Presented with a field full of highland cows, which one is going on holiday?

Which one’s an Arab?

Coo Eight.

igm

esselgruntfuttock – sorry about this. It was a lighthearted but honest comment on someone else’s throw away Scots are mean comment – which needed a gentle challenge. I thought it was a bit of a careful now type comment, but it seems to have been a little heavier handed than I thought.

I didn’t mean it to detract from your thread.

Your joke was still rubbish though (but not racist).

murf
    Free Member

I’m Scottish and really want to be offended but I’m tight as **** so it seems a bit hypocritical!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – sorry about this. It was a lighthearted but honest comment on someone else’s throw away Scots are mean comment – which needed a gentle challenge. I thought it was a bit of a careful now type comment, but it seems to have been a little heavier handed than I thought.

I didn’t mean it to detract from your thread.

Your joke was still rubbish though (but not racist).

Lol! No worries igm.
    I ‘invented’ the joke (?) after hearing a Scots colleague at work say about a prisoner, ‘he’s no goan te work cos he’s no well tha day’. The ‘no well’ stuck in my mind. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Why do Scots people go sick at Xmas?’ is closed to new replies.