• This topic has 45 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Parr.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • whose racing Gravity enduro series…the setups that people are running and more
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

How will your setups vary at say the Afan round?

Unless they use some trails off the main centre that I don’t know about, I’d be looking to turn up on a 27-28lb 120mm bike, maybe a light 140mm build, try to minimise any loss on the Black Run (assuming they use it) and make it all back up everywhere else given Afan is very pedaly and a bit flat. Quickest I’ve ever been round some of those trails was on an ST4.

Just wondering if Afan fits what people have experienced at Ae and whether going ‘light’ might be a good tactic at Afan?

I’m assuming something not to dissimilar to the Mash Up course mind…

love
    Free Member

Would a 120 really be an advantage…that is a big variance in setup for most…would mean a new/different bike (assuming the majority of folk have one 140ish bike) + weight difference won’t be that great although pedal performance might?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My setup was:
    SC Heckler
    160mm Bombers
    Dual Ply rear Minion (MISTAKE)
    Front Single Ply Minion
    Swamp Things For Qualifying – Should have used Spikes
    Uppy Downy Post
    Wide Bars!
    5.10 Minaars – Clipped but with some flat ability
    2×9 (36-22) needed the 22 to avoid getting to the starts too quick! Had to walk some of the way to go slow enough to not be sat round for ages.

Worked well, for info most of the videos concentrated on Stage 5 which was nothing like the rest of the trail.

For Kielder expecting more normal trail but waiting to see what the natural(rooty forest again? or chance of something a bit more moorland and open??) stage will be.

Looking at the inners track list would be tempted with my DH bike!

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

Looking at the inners track list would be tempted with my DH bike!

Aye, interesting choices… Think innerleithen has better to offer to be honest but it’s good they’ve not shied away from the dh trails. It’d be cool if they can use some wee diversions, like Jane’s Lane instead of the top of caddon bank frinstance. But I’m going anyway so what the heck

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not to open an old debate but I got a DH bike to race DH on with uplift!! was joking when I said that! It did ride quite well on the mega though

but it’s good they’ve not shied away from the dh trails

Brothers wedding inners weekend so not too bothered really

Parr
    Free Member

Inners video teaser is now up on website and Facebook, the DH bike would be awesome at Inners, but you’d have to push it up the hill a fair few times and it would not be as quick on a couple of the stages.

Were open to ideas at Afan, we are doing a reccie ride this weekend, 25th 26th June there, meeting at Bryn Betws 4x track about 1030-11 Saturday. we have got some idea of route, but this is not set in concrete

Northwind – Is Janes lane the natural bit by the wind sock, if it is, thats in 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘whose racing Gravity enduro series…the setups that people are running and more’ is closed to new replies.