Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)

Home Forum Bike Forum Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)
  • The comisaires judgement was that her off track line gave no time advantage over staying within the poles. Common sense and observation tells you her mistake cost her seconds. What is the debate?

kanza

Not even a attempt to get back to the place she went out. I agree with the posters above, thats a advantage.

It should have been DQ

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Rachel Atherton
    Cannot believe people are talking so much crap on me after the Commissaire decided that i lost all my time, and did not gain anything.Winning Qualyfying and Finals at Windham World Cup meant a great deal to me and i want to say Thanks to everyone who supports me. People with bad thoughts should keep them to themselves.

From her Facebook

Commissaire made the call, explained as she lost time when she left the course then rejoined. Gaining no advantage – there is no requirement to return to the exact spot if no advantage is gained.

The advantage of not returning to the exact spot is not counted.

The Commissaire makes the call not the internet.

Watching the footage she hit the tapes (fine in the rules) then straddled the marker pole so only part of her body was outside the course. Not a real advantage.

A more interesting talking point was Emily Ragots comments about the courses becoming Freeride not DH. Great to have a feature that only 1 of the top women made clean.

alpin

A more interesting talking point was Emily Ragots comments about the courses becoming Freeride not DH. Great to have a feature that only 1 of the top women made clean.

which part was that then? you can’t mean the last 50ft jump; did she not also crash out at the bottom?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

How many attempted and made the 50ft??

More tech less flying please!!

Her comments were probably around the last 3 courses which all ended in Freeride/dirtjump style tracks. Mostly what Canberra was criticised for.

GW

All the top men.

WC Tracks should not be built to the low standard of Women’s riding. (There was a chicken line)

jimjam

mikewsmith

Her comments were probably around the last 3 courses which all ended in Freeride/dirtjump style tracks.

Many WC tracks finish on 4X tracks and have been that way for donkeys, so the finish/viewing area is the same. Or did you not know that?

Rob Hilton

WC Tracks should not be built to the low standard of Women’s riding

C’mon! Somebody bite!
    I don’t feel it’s my place to be aggrieved by this.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

I’ll bite.

“Low standard of women’s riding”? the standard looked pretty high to me and is certainly getting higher. Not as quick as most of the guys, maybe but low standard? I don’t think so.

Rob Hilton

Yeah, but compared to GW?

geetee1972

There have always been big jumps at the end of world cup tracks; after all it’s where most of the spectators and cameras are located and it’s them that keep the races rolling.

Can you imagine how much duller Champery World Champs would have been if Danny Hart hadn’t had the chance to make that whip on the last big jump just because ‘it would have been rude not to’?

OK so maybe not much duller, but still it was the cherry on the cake.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

I don’t know GW, neither have I seen him ride. Is he awesome? 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)’ is closed to new replies.