Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)
  • mrplow
    Free Member

I vote simple DQ, I don’t think she was on such a steep part as to endanger herself to get back to the original point she left the track etc.

legend
    Free Member

GW – Member
    didn’t mention a corner, she went through the tapes on pretty much a straight.(had she managed to land the jump properly and stay online) did you not watch it?
    Still In the huff with intrnetzspoiler posterz ?

Old age must be having an effect on you 🙄 it’s kinda impossible to cut (i.e. make shorter) a course that’s straight. Even the jump was hipped to the right, the corner caught many people out over the weekend – you even saw several getting squiffy into the drop because of it through race runs.

Posting the results before it was televised is still **** retarded. Both on RM and Dirt, especially the latter if they want you to link to the coverage through their site.

We can agree to disagree…… but I’m right (even though Tracey Hannah is my woman in the fantasy league) 😛

GW
    Free Member

You can agree to disagree if you like, you’re perfectly entitled to beieve anything you want no matter how glaringly wrong it happensd to be. 😉

4.1.035 If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which he/she exited.

there is no mention of “corners” or “shortening the course” as it’s irrelivent to the rule, this is the same rule the UCI have always upheld in every WC final in the 20yrs I’ve watched WC DH racing, until the farcicle “rule change” used during yesterday’s race.

When exactly did this “rule change” come into effect?
    And more importantly, when were all the top riders/teams informed of the “rule change”?

IMO the answer to both is yesterday!

my view on this has nothing to do with preference towards any rider but consistency, if a new rule in any sport comes into effect it should be made clear to every competitor/team as and when it is to change. and certainly not halfway through a season seconds after the longstanding rule is broken.

UCI shower of ****s

legend
    Free Member

So if Bull Dog has broken the tape having his monster crash yesterday he should’ve gone back up the hill – dream on 😉

And more importantly, when were all the top riders/teams informed of the “rule change”?

You think they bother reading the memos (or can actually read)? What makes you think they aren’t informed? They sign up to the rules every time they enter a race (just like the shit storm surrounding course cutting at Enduros). The fact the Chris Ball is saying that they obviously haven’t bothered reading the rules says quite a lot. And if they did read them but didn’t understand, why wasn’t it questioned earlier? etc, etc

The consistency between Rach’s and Peaty’s incident is there. Peaty kept on the gas instead of obviously trying (ie throwing out the anchors) to get round the pole iirc, Rach was lucky she stayed on at all. Very different incidents – Peaty lost next to nothing, Rach lost 5s

P.S. Chamberlain wasn’t as wrong as you are right now 😉

P.P.S. have you watched the Dirt edit yet to see your non-corner?

P.P.P.S Possible uplift at Inners this weekend (if there even is one) if you want a proper fight

GW
    Free Member

No matter how monsterous the crash or how far you’re flung down the hill, if you still want a time that has always been the rule..

I didn’t mention Peat at all. WC racers have clambered back up to rejoin tracks through broken tapes following this rule for as long as the WCs been running.

Haven’t watched again but I will concede the straight had a slight bend to it 😉

Aye, def up for some fisting DH this w/e. What day?

legend
    Free Member

Rules change, but then I am trying to teach an old (like so old it should just be put down) dog new tricks here 8)

Er, scratch that plan at the moment. No uplifts till the end of the month

Northwind

Remember Gwin in Champery? He crashed and lost a load of time, and rejoined further down the track because he couldn’t physically get back to where he left it. That was in qualifying but if he hadn’t been protected, he’d have been out of the race. (he did lose quali points IIRC)

He certainly didn’t gain an advantage by crashing but he did gain an advantage by rejoining further down- because he couldn’t have completed his run otherwise. Just like Rachel gained an advantage by not having to stop, push back up and rejoin where she was supposed to.

UCI set the rules, they can change them. But it’s not right to enforce a rule one way and set a precedent and an expectation, then change the enforcement without changing the rule or at least making the change clear.

Obviously I’m not a world cup racer 😉 But even at grassroots level this gets drummed into riders. I’ve seen people push back up to rejoin where they left and lose tons of time, where they could have claimed “no advantage”. What happens if it’s off camera? Who decides if there was an advantage then? There might be one marshall with line of sight to make that call.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

GW , was gutted for smith as i wanted him to win!Great result for him though

donsimon
    Free Member

Dude, but dude, like, that was just so gnarly, like, dude.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The last thing DH needs is

UCI

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The comisaires judgement was that her off track line gave no time advantage over staying within the poles. Common sense and observation tells you her mistake cost her seconds. What is the debate?

kanza
    Free Member

Not even a attempt to get back to the place she went out. I agree with the posters above, thats a advantage.

It should have been DQ

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rachel Atherton
    Cannot believe people are talking so much crap on me after the Commissaire decided that i lost all my time, and did not gain anything.Winning Qualyfying and Finals at Windham World Cup meant a great deal to me and i want to say Thanks to everyone who supports me. People with bad thoughts should keep them to themselves.

From her Facebook

Commissaire made the call, explained as she lost time when she left the course then rejoined. Gaining no advantage – there is no requirement to return to the exact spot if no advantage is gained.

The advantage of not returning to the exact spot is not counted.

The Commissaire makes the call not the internet.

Watching the footage she hit the tapes (fine in the rules) then straddled the marker pole so only part of her body was outside the course. Not a real advantage.

A more interesting talking point was Emily Ragots comments about the courses becoming Freeride not DH. Great to have a feature that only 1 of the top women made clean.

alpin
    Free Member

A more interesting talking point was Emily Ragots comments about the courses becoming Freeride not DH. Great to have a feature that only 1 of the top women made clean.

which part was that then? you can’t mean the last 50ft jump; did she not also crash out at the bottom?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How many attempted and made the 50ft??

More tech less flying please!!

Her comments were probably around the last 3 courses which all ended in Freeride/dirtjump style tracks. Mostly what Canberra was criticised for.

GW
    Free Member

All the top men.

WC Tracks should not be built to the low standard of Women’s riding. (There was a chicken line)

jimjam
    Free Member

mikewsmith

Her comments were probably around the last 3 courses which all ended in Freeride/dirtjump style tracks.

Many WC tracks finish on 4X tracks and have been that way for donkeys, so the finish/viewing area is the same. Or did you not know that?

RobHilton
    Free Member

WC Tracks should not be built to the low standard of Women’s riding

C’mon! Somebody bite!
    I don’t feel it’s my place to be aggrieved by this.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ll bite.

“Low standard of women’s riding”? the standard looked pretty high to me and is certainly getting higher. Not as quick as most of the guys, maybe but low standard? I don’t think so.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Yeah, but compared to GW?

geetee1972
    Free Member

There have always been big jumps at the end of world cup tracks; after all it’s where most of the spectators and cameras are located and it’s them that keep the races rolling.

Can you imagine how much duller Champery World Champs would have been if Danny Hart hadn’t had the chance to make that whip on the last big jump just because ‘it would have been rude not to’?

OK so maybe not much duller, but still it was the cherry on the cake.

Coyote
    Free Member

I don’t know GW, neither have I seen him ride. Is he awesome? 8)

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Who's watching Wyndham? (It's live so no spoilers?)’ is closed to new replies.