Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Who's Big Dogging this Sat?
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Yes Pete well done. Tomorrow is indeed another day 😆

Ankle is good(ish) to go. Gels & water purchased. Bike fettled & lightened, well saddle changed for the one on the CX bike!

Just need a new chain now 🙄

See you all there tomorrow. I’ll be at the Quest Adventures stall, its the one next to the van with flames up the side \m/

p7rich
    Free Member

Glad you’ve fixed up Si. Can’t believe i’ve gone from worried sick it might rain torrents (again) to scrabbling around to find some glasses to keep the dust out my eyes!

Bring it on. 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I thought I might be on the quicker side on the downward twisty bits but Pete left me for dead this evening – seems grey bikes are faster! Or maybe it’s colour-coordinated bikes? Rich, any non-prescription glasses really should match the early ’90s technicolour jerseys…

Paceman
    Free Member

Good luck today to everyone… Take care on the Stanmer Wall descent 8)

bigsi
    Free Member

Yawn. Is it really that time already ?

Best get my shite together. See you all over there 😛

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well done all, good day.

Once again apologies to the guy on the green on-one who I clashed with, my FUBAR.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Excellent day, enjoyed having a rip on a yeti 575. Hmm, time to sell the kids for one! Beautiful weather and a superb course.

Nobby

Best ‘Dog’ yet. Shame couldn’t hang around for the party.

chiefgrooveguru

Awesome. And we weren’t last – mission accomplished!

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Excellent.

Pure. Sweet. Hell.

ade
    Free Member

Great quote from Oli of Morvelo who described the course as “harsh but fair”. I couldn’t have put it better myself.

The results are up!

Main categories
    Onederdog

muggomagic

Woo hoo. We finished 24th out of 30 in the men’s team of 3. Which is amazing considering I’d done very little biking over the last couple of weeks and another of our team has just recovered from a broken foot.
    A brilliant course, and an amazing atmosphere. Can’t wait until next year. Thanks to all the people that made it happen and the marshals that kept encouraging me to haul my fat ass up those climbs.

c_klein87

woo great course, had all the great bits of stanmer singletrack in it, who were the photographers that were out and about?

xcstu
    Free Member

Best Dog yet for me too 🙂 how a dry event makes it so much different from last year!!!

and on the podium too,..

muddy@rseguy

That was a good fun course 🙂 Actually that was a very well organised and chilled out event. Big thanks to all who made it happen.

Petes grey (or is it light blue?) bike seemed to be pretty speedy too, thanks for saying hi as you overtook me 🙂

all I need to do is get a bit (well, alot) fitter 😉

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Anyone got any links to pic? I purposefully had my ‘war face’ in the whole
    Time just in case

Paceman
    Free Member

Great day, was never going to get on the podium but pretty chuffed with my lap times.

Looking forward to the photos online as well. There were loads of photographers out on the trail so should be some great piccies 8)

xcstu
    Free Member

Heres a start of the photographers:

http://russgillespie.com/store/brighton-big-dog-2011/

edit: appear not to be loaded yet ;-/

nomakoman
    Free Member

Top event that…well worth the 5 hour trip down! Big shout to Pete on that beautifully colour coordinated bike of his for his few words of encouragement at the top of the climb after the 2nd bridge on the last lap…i was dead on my arris!

woodsman
    Free Member

Argh, thanks for the kind words nomakoman and Guy – maybe not for the gurning pic though 😉

A great atmosphere and friendly race, I wish they did a over 40’s pairs cat, these young fellas are getting harder to stay with! I was the second rider in team Millbank over 18’s(!) pairs. Number 234 on the grey-ish blue bike…..if there are any more pics floating about in cyberspace.

🙂

chiefgrooveguru

I didn’t think I was that knackered – until I walked down to the shops, then back, then realised I forgotten the milk and almost cried…

We ‘Phoenix Knights’ came 9th out of 30 in the team males, way better than we’d hoped for. Loved the dry loose conditions, attacked everything that wasn’t uphill with authentic gnarr attitude, right down to overtaking one slower rider on the fireroad crossing on the final descent and than crashing on the next bend. No, not embarrassing at all…

There was a really good vibe on the course, most riders allowing each other to pass whenever humanly possible – made it a pleasure to joust with the more roadie cyclists, as I gained places downhill before losing them again uphill, with banter to match – whilst the really hardcore XC riders just flashed by in their metaphorical fast lane. Getting a better result next year is likely to require proper training, which seems too much like hard work, so maybe just one a Onderdog for me in 2012.

Our team no. was 328 if anyone has more photos – look out for the bang-on-trend-in-1990 jerseys!

russgillespie
    Free Member

I have 2 pics of team 328 on my site. http://russgillespie.com/store/brighton-big-dog-2011/

Gallery 2, 9 rows from the bottom
    Gallery 3, 19 rows from the bottom (just over half way)

Cheers
    Russ

xcstu
    Free Member

Ya if anyone has any pics of team 331 floating about?? 🙂

VanHalen

first lap carnage was very amusing. some real mincing going on. 45min first lap from starting DFL was pretty good i recon but wasnt pretty.

apologies for the unsuitable bike/heckling/4x overtaking manouvers/queue jumping and stupid crashing.

team 304 here. we stopped after 2 laps each as beer was drunk and lounging in the sun & playing with the kids was more appealing. defo back next year.

russ your site makes my internet explorer crash? not sure why.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Anymore of 310? Only seen squadron leader colbourne so far…

cyclistm
    Free Member

Despite living a handful of miles from Stanmer, this was my first Big Dog.

I haven’t done any mountain bike racing for a while, and the format of this event seems a long way from the old cross country racing I am used to, much more friendly and easy going.

Truly amazing event and the course was superb, thanks to all those responsible for putting this on.

woodsman
    Free Member

Does anyone have any links they’re prepared to put up to the pics they’ve taken on the day. I seem to have been invisible to the ”pro’s”..

Thankyou please 🙂

jimmyjames
    Free Member

woodsman: me too 🙁

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Pete, me three:loadsa pics of Guy and my brother, but none of me! I guess we where too quick for them!

woodsman
    Free Member

Aye! 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Who's Big Dogging this Sat?’ is closed to new replies.