Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Who's Big Dogging this Sat?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

I’ll be on this, say hello…

I suspect it will be a little less gleaming after the first lap!

Evening beers I believe are at the Fortune of War again – Seafront.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Not too keen on the grips but the rest of its got the right colours at the right levels (black headset/seatclamp, silver stem/post etc)

One of the nicest looking hardtails and the best colour co ordinated bike on here in years.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I’ll be there riding a black Rose. Can’t wait for this. Anyone know what the course is like?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timbur
    Free Member

If it’s dry then you’re in for a treat. If it’s wet then it’ll be speedway action in the singletrack but fun nevertheless.

Beautiful at present and soooo fast!

(I’ll be marshalling again, probably early doors on car park duty so say hello when you arrive 😀 )

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I’ll be there on my dad’s Cannondale Scalpel.

Course preview:

[video]http://vimeo.com/27656500[/video]

Paceman
    Free Member

Me and my team mate will both be on 575’s (sad…I know 😳 ), look out for me and say hi…

I went for a quick spin round Stanmer Woods first thing this morning and the singletrack’s running smooth and fast, still a bit damp in places with the odd puddle in the braking dips, but drying out nicely today I should think. Fingers crossed for dry warm weather this week. 😆

Woodsman… stunning bike by the way, even the grips 😉

VanHalen

yup. riding a totally inappropriate snot green Norco LT2 with 66`s as a team mate is riding my xc bike.

looking forward to the climbs.

out for a reccy tomorrow after work

timbur
    Free Member

Good video there.

Sir Rory on his Pivot 29er I believe.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Unfortunatley they moved the weekend so it clashes with a better event I am attending 😉

Good luck!

wwaswas

they moved the weekend so it clashes with a better event I am attending

me too. The Isle of Wight Garlic Festival, in my case 🙁

I avoided Stanmer on Sunday due to the recent rain but if it stays dry it’ll be great. Otherwise an off camber wet root fest beckons.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ll be on this exceeedingly racey XC machine:

Hoping not to draw the short straw (doing the first lap) in our team of three… Our grand plan is to not come last, who dares wins and all that!

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve already drawn the short straw with the first lap 😆

c_klein87

I’ll be there trying to set a respectable lap time on a singlespeed, should be a cracking coure and atmosphere, someone needs to stop Ian L making everyone look like they’re not even moving!

jimification
    Free Member

I’ll be there, Pete (it’s Jim from BEC) probably on the newly built up Flash (though I’m still a bit sketchy on the big wheels!) I think BEC are supposed to have a “track side presence” (two gazebo’s zip-tied together).

I’m always complimenting you on your bike and colour choice but I’ve decided, rather than “Sea Grey”, I think it’s actually: “Gastro Pub Grey” 😉

Was in Stanmer yesterday and it was riding great, as said above, slightly slippy in places and a few puddles but I think we might be in for a dust bath this year 🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

I ran into the Torq boys, a couple of Morvelo riders and some svelt XC-racer types bombing through Stanmer at warpspeed one morning last week, looked like they were pre-riding the course. I think Ian Leitch might have been one of them.

Needless to say, I didn’t try and keep up with them for long 😕

Matt24k
    Free Member

I’m doing it in a team of three and like some others we are all trying not to be the first rider! You have never heard so many excuses or big ups to try and get some one else to go first. We are like 3 kids standing on the edge of a 10 metre diving board 🙂
    BTW I’m on a white Orange 5 hopefully starting third.

ellsy
    Free Member

I’ll be there with the BEC crew. Riding less than elegantly, no doubt, down the corners of doom….

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll be hiding in Rob’s Camelbak… whilst simultaneously attending the aforementioned “better event” 🙂 Have a good’un on that rather nice bicycle woodsman.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

ill be dogging on my big red stiffee, hoping to go second!

singletrackmind

I will be there , on my Silver/white Kona Hei Hei. Going first stint in male pairs. Will not be starting stone last like last year , then having to wait 10 mins at the first bit of singletrack.
    If I can do 4 laps then leg it might be able to ‘compete’ in the night racing at the other event i am ‘Director of Beers’ at.
    Nice bike Pete , Battleship Grey is different but the paint scheme works well.

woodsman
    Free Member

Hi again all,

Interesting video, if it’s in sequence then the only bit I don’t recognise and is new from last year, is the ‘big log’ – hmmm – some where before Badgers………. [sctratches head]

‘Gastro Pub Grey, Battle Ship Grey’ – it’s ‘Steel Blue’ don’t you know! 😉 Grey is good though, was almost going to go for Concrete Grey as on the Soulcraft website, and those Kona grips have all but become standard issue on my bikes, one item I didn’t give much thought. 🙂

I’ll look out for those big wheels Jim..

See you all on the day then, best of luck everybody!

Paceman
    Free Member

Despite Stanmer being part my local loop, the location of the ‘Big Log’ is also a mystery??!? 😕

Are you sure it’s that one?

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I assumed it’s the log that crosses the middle ride that spits you out on the ” welcome to the jungle” bit…

Paceman
    Free Member

Snap… that’s what I was thinking Jim.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the log is on the ‘sting in the tail’ climb and can be ridden round – who’s got the energy to ride over that straight after Badgers! I hear there are some changes to last year, just hope it’s clearly marked this time, every year I’ve taken a turn off the course on my first lap and had to back track. 😕

Paceman
    Free Member

I know where you mean, just up the trail after you cross the road at the top of Badger’s. That makes sense…i’ll be riding round it though as i’m half dead at the top of that climb!

chiefgrooveguru

Would it be quicker overall to jog up Badgers pushing the bike instead of pedalling in a very low gear (if you’re like me, not like one of those fast people)? Or is that sort of behaviour only allowed when it’s too slippery to pedal?

woodsman
    Free Member

Well – it is a ‘bike’ race but if you have to Alex! 😉

bigsi
    Free Member

1st up – Anyone coming from the West along the A27 please remember that its Shoreham Airshow on 20th so there will be lots of people looking up rather than at what’s going on in front of them. This will lead to tailbacks so best to allow a little bit of extra time 😕

I’ll be there on my Banshee Paradox crawling/walking up the climbs & flying through the singletrack 😀

Also doing the 1st lap. You can’t miss me at 6’5″ & 300lb 🙄

Pete i still think that bike is Morris Minor Grey, not too bad given your past record 😉

That log is the one on Sting in the Tail. & the rest of the course is pretty much the same as last year by the looks of it 😯

If its dry it’ll be great. If its wet I’m going straight to the pub 😀

See ya all there.

p7rich
    Free Member

You’ll see me bumbling around on a white P7, doing my best not to let down the side, eh Alex? Don’t forget to shout as you pass.

PS. I’ve seen her in the flesh and she’s a thing of beauty. Deffo grey though 😉

chiefgrooveguru

You’re right Pete, as long as it’s dry-ish I can spin up there just fine – well on the first lap at least… I’ll keep the pedestrian behaviour for when my legs are dying. Rich, I’m sure any impression of bumbling will be purely due to your effortless smoothness and flow, it’s the same with me! 😉

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Ah, that log. Round the left it is then.

muddy@rseguy

Of which log do you speak Jim, its not “that” log is it? If you are going out second does that mean I get to do the first lap blind so it can all be a “nice” surprise? 🙂

Oh, and in defence of Woodsman, that colour is a very british classic car light blue (think circa 1953 with a subtle hint of battleship and ration book)

whytetrash

course looks great in the vid guys…coupla questions from a first timer where do you overtake?…does all that singletrack get mega congested? anyone need a lift from North Wales/chester?

nomakoman
    Free Member

i’ll be there, bumbling along on a kinesis xc120…camping somewhere outside brighton too, should be fun after getting tanked up in the evening as its one of our party’s birthday that weekend too! haha

birdage

There’s a car boot in Glynde but I’ll be back there Sunday!

VanHalen

that logs ok on hte ht after the climb. not sure what state i`ll be in after dragging hte full suss beast up there though. which reminds me i need to fit a granny for the later laps!

my FS bikes more suited to badgers at wild park – supersteep loose off camber rooty sketchy downwards goodness.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ming-Coming! On the polystrene bicycle

singletrackmind

Wearing Pj’s I hope Ming !

dave360

Paceman – that would have been me + Rory + Josh Ibbet & a few others..
    In fact filming the very preview vid up there /\. And thanks, I haven’t been called svelt for quite some time….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Who's Big Dogging this Sat?’ is closed to new replies.