Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Who would you like to be mates with?
  • grum
    Free Member

You should add their school pal Louis Theroux.

There’s something I don’t like about LT. Their other school pal Garth Jennings seems cool though.

IHN

Life coach? Co-writer on a TV project? Character witness?

Oh yeah, all that. [MODS A reminder that this thread is about who you want to be friends with, not what things you want to do that might make that person feel uncomfortable about you talking about.]

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like to be pals with Laura Kenny as well.

Not for creepy reasons, I just really like her personality and she’s from my hometown.

toofarwest

Colin Furze

sadexpunk

i see a lot of love for aisling bea. not a name id heard of before last week, but after watching ‘this way up’ i see the attraction of being mates with the lass she plays, so is she like that in real life then?

tjagain

aisling bea is smart, witty and utterly gorgeous

cheers_drive

Adam and Joe (I feel like they are my mates already just from listening to their radio shows and podcasts through the years)
    Mackenzie Crook
    Sharon Horgan
    Peter Crouch

BillMC

Alexei Sayle
    David Hockney
    Jurgen Klopp

slowoldman

No love for Ronnie Pickering then?

tomhoward

Who?

chewkw
    Free Member

David Starkey
    Lucy Worsley
    Simon Schama
    David Olusoga
    All of them from this list https://hisdoryan.co.uk/female-historians
    Those who are experts in Roman and Egyptian history.
    And the Queen/future Kings

p/s: errm … also those historians of SE Asian.

sadexpunk

aisling bea is smart, witty and utterly gorgeous

and she has one more fan now, which im sure shes mighty grateful for….

anything else that i should look out for with her in?

LAT

Tom Cruise

slowoldman

Who?

Thank you.

RONNIE PICKERING.

I think of those listed so far, Alexie Sayle is the best pick.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

I think of those listed so far, Alexie Sayle is the best pick

I came here to say the same

dyna-ti

Nobody from here it appears 😆

ernielynch

binners

sboardman

Danny Wallace seems like a laugh.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The lovely woman I spent an hour administering PCR test to today. We just chatted for ages as I guided her through the registration process.
    Super attractive and witty.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Boris Johnson

grum
    Free Member

The lovely woman I spent an hour administering PCR test to today.

Will she want to be mates with you when she realises it’s only meant to take about 5 minutes?

CountZero

Steve Backshall

Sandi Tokstvig

Rob Macfarlaine

Sue Perkins

Phill Jupitus

Bill Bailey

Aisling Bea

Just off the top of my head,

Why? Because some are very funny and smart, but mostly they’re all people who, knowing their backgrounds and having seen most of them on telly a lot, they’re people who would be just great to sit down and have fantastic conversations with. I’ve spoken to Phill Jupitus on the phone, back when he was doing the 6Music breakfast show, I texted him about something, and he phoned me back, we had a great chat about music for several minutes between songs.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to Phill Jupitus on the phone, back when he was doing the 6Music breakfast show, I texted him about something, and he phoned me back, we had a great chat about music for several minutes between songs.

I think I’ve told this one before, but I interviewed him when I was working on a local paper and he was coming to town to do a stand-up show.

Far and away the most-friendly celeb I ever dealt with, he was delighted that I was a keen GLR listener at the time – and I almost couldn’t get him off the phone.

So yeah, I kind-of already am mates with him, really.

😀

multi21
    Free Member

timmys

Ricky Gervais

Really? He comes across horrifically in every interview I’ve ever read with him, eg. this one from last week; https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/dec/18/ricky-gervais-on-offence-anger-and-infuriating-hollywood

He’s a bit of a bully as well I think. I used to love the XFM recordings with him, Smerch and Dilkington but listening back now there is quite a nasty feel to some of it. He insists now that K-man was ‘in on it’ but I really don’t get that impression.

tomhoward

Watching Gervais’ stand up shows now, from the mid noughties, they really haven’t aged well at all. Some of it is still funny, but there’s a lot of punching down in it.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Mackenzie Crook
    Toby Jones

CountZero

Just to add to the Phill Jupitus story, he also sent me a CD and a signed postcard, both of which I still have, the CD was The Mountain Goats.

As far as the list is concerned, I’d definitely include Prof Alice Roberts, she always seems very approachable, and she’s so enthusiastic about everything she’s connected with on telly. Saw her once cycling up Park Street in Bristol, when she used to be at the University there.

Lucy Worsley

Prof Brian Cox

Dara Ó Briain

Stephen Fry

There’s a bit of a Qi thing going on here…

chakaping
    Free Member

Just to add to the Phill Jupitus story, he also sent me a CD and a signed postcard, both of which I still have, the CD was The Mountain Goats.

The three of us will have to get together for a pint sometime, eh?

fazzini

Lots of love for Bob Mortimer. Hope he’s changed then, cos I met him a couple of times back in the earlyish 90s and we was a proper tool. Probably thought I was too for balance.

Stephen Fry
    Simon Reeve
    Aisling Bea
    Will Smith
    Jessica Chastain

Binners, Daz H, Ernie and NickC just for the crack 🤔😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Will she want to be mates with you when she realises it’s only meant to take about 5 minutes?

Of course. It’s wierd what happens in the bay. Some people come in and are very apprehensive. My skill set has always been building a rapid and deep bond with people (that’s why I used to be an interviewer).
    So I help them through a ‘difficult’ moment and then release them into the wild.
    She felt different though and I feel sad I’ll never meet her again.
    BTW she told me she has a partner. Not like I’m crying into my pillow at night.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Gilou, proper chap.

ernielynch

Diane Morgan

SaxonRider

Alive:

Michael Sheen
    David Lammy
    Marina Hyde
    Guy Verhofstadt
    Paul Thomas Anderson

Dead:

Bing Crosby
    Tom Petty
    Jean Cocteau
    Audrey Hepburn

poah
    Free Member

no one

Royston
    Free Member

Shane Warne
    loathed his talent when he was playing but his Cricket analysis is second to none
    and he’s just an absolute top geezer, Auctioned his baggy green for the Australian bush fires. and turned his Vodka plants over to manufacture alcohol gel during the pandemic.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Who would you like to be mates with?’ is closed to new replies.