Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Who Rode Where This Weekend?
  • Keva
    Free Member

20miler on local trails. No snow but the ground is frozen solid making for a nice speedy ride. probably about -2c /-3c, my water bottle froze up after an hour.

Kev

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Went to Swinley for a few hours this afternoon, was pretty quiet over there for a change. Nice fast trails, not too cold although my bladder leaking down my back from the start didn’t help.

br
    Free Member

Chilterns for us, the cafe at Wendover Woods at least enabled our Camelbak tubes to thaw out – but seemed more MTBers out than usual.

Ambrose

@ saxabar

Looks amazing. I stay in Ffachwen periodically, any chance of a bit more detail of the route you took, or some good local loops?

cinnamon_girl

A little pootle around some Hampshire hillocks in minus 1 degrees. Very pleasant wee jaunt and saw not one but two herds of deer. 8)

The picnic, however, was a mistake. 😳

swamp_boy

3 hour ish spin round one of my local loops, Bricket wood, St Albans area, mainly bridleways and a few cheeky bits.

Frozen hard, so nice firm going, but camelback tube froze solid, last hour back in the dark. Bunnies, squirrels and a fox were out, but Muntjacs were being coy, usually see one or two.

coastkid
    Free Member

Local loop from home today in East Lothian but was wet snow up to 10″ deep so pedals ploughing through the snow so hard work-even with a snow bike,it was warm despite forcast with a thaw on the roads,which were blocked during the night with drifts!,love it 😀

knee deep was near impossible 😆

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cycled from Edinburgh through Dalemny (watched a grouse shoot for a while) then on to South Queensferry. Beautiful couple of hours. But got some really strange looks and comments for being mad enough to be cycling in the snow!

saxabar
    Free Member

Ambrose – ygm 🙂

TheFopster
    Free Member

Quick wobble around Woburn this morning. What a lovely day for a bike ride. Was optimistic that I have overnight become a complete cycling God due to massively increased speed over same place last week. However, reading some of the comments above I have to admit that perhaps the substitution of sloppy mud for hard frozen ground may have contributed. Slightly.

BadlyWiredDog

Racing Ralph -11 you say? wonder if it was that on cut gate today then?

I’ve just come in from a biggish loop finishing-ish over Cut Gate in the dark. I don’t think it was that cold, but then I wasn’t carrying a thermometer. Awesome in the Peak at the moment, lots of grippy, grit-diluted snow and just a bit of ice, most of it on Potato Alley the lower end of which is basically just water ice…

Stuff around Roych and Rushup’s good too. Three guys on bikes having an ugly stand-up row with a walker by Hollins Cross. Seriously depressing, why can’t people just walk away from pointless confrontation, swearing at someone and threatening to thump them isn’t likely to improve anyone’s negative picture of mountain biking and if you can see someone’s essentially a knee-jerk hater, why bother arguing with them?

I guess it spoiled a glorious day for all four of them.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

1 lap of Cmwcarn. Was pretty slippery in places as the snow was packed down on the trails. Could see some great tracks where some had gone too fast and slipped off the trail LOL Look out for the last switch back about 2 meters from the car park its a complete sheet of ice. Normal entrance but there is an alternative marked.

Ambrose

Ta for that. Nice to know, thanks.

jedi

i spent teh day dirt jumping and teaching some of my lot how to do them. PICS HERE

digiphotoneil
    Free Member

Cheeky Leigh Woods night run on 80psi road tyres. One of those pleasant suprises when it actually worked.

Jeffus
    Free Member

from home upto Offas Dyke, then through Llandegla, then home 15miles , snow was quite grippy, fantastic ride, sunshine all the way.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Did the circuit round Hayfield- Chinley Churn, Middle Moor and Lantern Pike, was really pleasant when you were in the sun but as soon as I got to any shady areas it was bitterly cold.

Surprisingly little ice actually which was a relief but running the tyres at a lower pressure than normal and the general cold meant I found the ride a lot more tiring than I expected- must remember to eat more and more often in future.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Cracking DH session in the FoD today. Toes and fingers ranged from toasty to painfully cold over the course of the day, but trails were fast and fun. Soak in a hot bath when I got back was nearly as good.

Tenuous
    Free Member

Was beautiful riding weather today, cycled up to Newland’s Corner to meet wife & sprog, couple of laps round there with him on his balance bike then back to Guildford via Blackheath. Only cold bit was waiting at the cafe for them to turn up 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

2 hrs today. First along The Boyne, than on the local road covered in black ice and snow, then along the canal. All the way to the abandoned mansion. Return was more fun as on the said road I could see several Audis, BMWs and 4x4s ditched. I was roaring with laughter seeing the poor darlings in their expensive RWD cars with fat tyres struggling to exceed 10 kph.

scousemand
    Free Member

Did anyone go up to Glentress today? If you did what’s it like up there? Planning on going tomorrow 😕

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Claife and Grizedale:
    click pic for more

yodagoat
    Free Member

I done some of my local trails in East Lothian with my dad and some mates.
    http://yodagoat.blogspot.com/2010/11/snaw.html
    what a laugh!

robdob
    Free Member

I was due to go out on my bike twice this weekend which is amazing as I rarely get the time but I’ve been in bed with (proper) flu since Thursday. Everyones pics look so good!!

Brainflex

Rode at Craters of the moon, Taupo. Superb riding and no sign of snow. Actually I got sunburnt.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

15 miles or so around findon valley in sussex. My beard froze, then my transmission did likewise…

good ride!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who Rode Where This Weekend?’ is closed to new replies.