Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Who Rode Where This Weekend?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Loving the hard icy ground this weekend,fast flowing,luuurlvley..
    local loop yesterday up on the tops.
    Cut Gate today,nice n hard up there with the ice at the moment and no deep snow.
    nice bit of mileage put in good set of lads to ride with both days,fitness coming back at last. 🙂
    who where when ?

Houns

Just back in from a great ride around Cannock, nice covering of snow, clear blue skies, some new to me trails and great company

Ambrose

Rode the ‘forbidden’ section of the BreconBeast. It was minus Stupid degrees in the wind at the top. So the blow-out on the rocky descent was not very welcome at all. And then I discovered that I’d forgotten to pack a spare tube…

Loads of SAS selection squaddies up there too, moving slowly but surely over the hills with 50lbs on their backs and a gun in their hands. Respect.

oxym0r0n

Great 4 hour ride out from Sidmouth – only 2 of us ‘cos everyone else chickened out!

IMG_6342 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

Stopped by the sea for Coffee and Chunky sandwich too!

jamesb
    Free Member

whereabouts do you ride around Sidmouth?? Peak Hill area? from my few visits there seem to be some decent bridleways around that bit.

My riding today = nil , damaged wrist still can`t put any pressure on it 🙁

40mpg

Found a secret bit of Hampshire which I have passed so many times on the A31 / A32 but completely missed – club ride from Selborne near Alton with some lovely singletrack through the woods and surprisingly big hills. I even admit to walking DOWN one! (It cosnsited of a deep steep gully with big chalk boulders hidden in the leaves)

Didnt get above freezing but wrapped up warm so didnt notice the cold. Welcome fire in the pub after.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Over the N Wessex and Marlborough Downs to Barbury Castle then back in time for afternoon tea and medals.

I’m ashamed to say it was the first time I’ve had the MTB out this year- felt like I was dragging a boat anchor around compared to the road bike but a clear, fresh day and nicely frozen mud meant it had to be done.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Swinley, great fun riding through the frozen puddles and all the muds completely rock solid. timed it all so arrived home to a hot and spicey chilli 😀

……………..
    SWINLEY RIDE NEXT WEEKEND

Blower
    Free Member

Wrap up warm,keep moving,no dithering jobs a good un in this weather.

Cant do with chickener outers 🙂

matthew_h
    Free Member

I popped my CX cherry this afternoon in a snowy Graves Park in Sheffield.

ianpinder
    Free Member

-5 this morning around surrey. Cold as **** whilst i was mending my chain, again and again, and again!

theboatman
    Free Member

Only got chance for a rather icy blast around my usual route, sorted my hangover 🙂

oxym0r0n

whereabouts do you ride around Sidmouth?? Peak Hill area? from my few visits there seem to be some decent bridleways around that bit.

Not my local haunt – down visiting the Parents, but yes lots of green lanes – Peak Hill and East Hill Strips. Just a case of linking bits together…

Gratuitous MBUK shot 😀

IMG_6346 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

Northwind

2 Pentlands rides here… Today was lovely, very cold, very snowy and very beautiful. Also very bloody hard work and very slow. But worth it. Very nice riding through fresh snow and realising your feet are dipping into it, we were leaving tyre marks and footprints :mrgreen: I love these days…

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Sub-zero ‘Cross race at Ashton Ct (Brizzle) in 2″ of snow. Mud frozen solid. Managed a one-hander-lander after jumping off the roots into the woods on the last lap 😯

Missed out on the Vets’ Win by half-a-wheel 👿

tartanscarf

I was out around Loch Leven on the road bike on Friday night, then Inchree this morning as the race over at Wolftrax was cancelled due to snow. Both great fun.

JohnOne72
    Free Member

-10 as I set out to ride Crich/Ambergate this morning. I had a beard of ice and my snot was freezing in my nose. Warmed up slightly once the sun can up propley single speed great bike choice on frozen gears.Winter don’t you love it.

brooess
    Free Member

Road ride on my new winter bike round Cheshire lines, dodging icy camber.
    Was a beautiful day. Great to have the excuse to get out in it 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

lots of lovely frozen snowy singletrack in the crookes back-country…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

in a freezing (-11) peak district

ampthill

I thought it would be no ridding this weekend as I’m knackered, Experience tells me that as teacher its not a good time of year to worry about keeping fit

But my son asked to go on a ride yesterday moring. It was a short Woburn loop but we both really enjoyed it.

Blower
    Free Member

Racing Ralph -11 you say? wonder if it was that on cut gate today then?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Sunny but bitter Round 1 of the Soggy Bottom race series at Newnham.

I need to get fitter. 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Just a quick local bridleway run for me today. Spent ages sessioning one bit where all the mud had frozen in ruts so it was proper bumpy. Eventually got down it at full speed with no feet off the pedals incidents 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

When i set off from home – in the valley it was a degree colder

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Too and from work last night and again tonight.

coming home in the morning was funny tho – I had my spike tyres on and was overtaking cars 🙂

I saw an ambulance behind me with blues and twos on – stopped to let it past and then it held me up all the way down the next hill.

Ruddy cold tho and the snow in my eyes hurt

jimmy

Was at the top of spooky wood for ‘sunrise’ at 7am this morning. Blue, Red & Extras down to the hub for full brekkie and numerous cups of tea. Shooperb. Would have been back out but broke the bike on a slidey-dismount 🙁

saxabar
    Free Member

Bangor > Bethesda > Mynydd Llandygai > slate mines > Llanberis > Moel y Ci > Bangor. Top day.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Also at the ‘Sub-zero ‘Cross race at Ashton Ct (Brizzle)’ was my first cross race and it was bloody freezing. Thoroughly enjoyed it.. now off to order some carbon forks 🙂

Nipper99
    Free Member

Loops around Crynant. Sarn Helen was good in the snow if a bit nippy.

timothius
    Free Member

Went for a quick blast round Haslemere up to Gibbets Hill. Chlly… Got home and straight on Wiggle for some warm clothes!

bigbob38
    Free Member

A little poodle round the new forest….

not as cold as you all had, but a welcome log fire at a nice pub 😉

tthew

3 Peaks, (not all of them though!) from Dent yesterday. Brrrrrrrrilliant conditions, decent grip in the snow, not too deep to ride and only a smallish amount of ice underneath.

curlie467
    Free Member

Just around delamere for a few hours this morning, good fun and didn`t have to wash the bike for once!

stumpy01

25 miles round Thetford today. Was gonna go yesterday but was quite snowy so didn’t fancy driving.

Was about -5 there and really grippy – was great riding conditions.

Loads of the Thetford MTB racing boys & girls were out getting some practice in on the WS2 route.

gothandy

Cwmcarn was absolutely stunning once you got to the top. You could see for miles. Bit icy on the descents.

domino

Not much snow in the Dales today, rode from near Grassington over Boss Moor, Mastiles Lane, Weets Top, Winterburn Reservoir. Arrived home just as it started to snow. Looks like tomorrows ride will be a proper snowy one.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

In and around Malvern both days 🙂

Fullface required for only one reason……..to keep my head warm 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Planned Pentlands ride was cancelled so went for a spin on my local Fife trails. Bitterly cold but felt toasty in my winter gear.

plop_pants
    Free Member

London League ‘cross at Penshurst. A real cracker of a course, bone dry and fast. Ended up on the vets podium with my team mate taking top spot. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who Rode Where This Weekend?’ is closed to new replies.